Charles Rogers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Charles Rogers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Charles Rogers?

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:23 pm

I was really high on him going into my drafts but after 2 weeks of weak play, I don't know what to do with him. Is he going to rebound or do you guys just see him being the odd man out in the Lions recieving core?

At this point is he even worth a bench spot?
go_jays_go
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:34 pm

Detroit's WR are a big mess I say avoid all of them! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tomkatt » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:14 pm

If his name isn't Roy Williams, then you don't want any Lions WR on your team.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:31 am

Id say that no - he doesnt deserve a roster spot instandard sized leagues right now. There are too many other WRs that are currently producing to consider CRog.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:33 am

The problem with Rogers is he isnt being used correctly or really at all. In Moochs press conference after the Bears debacle a reporter asked Mooch about not throwing the deep ball and playing to Rogers strength. Mooch replied they did once in the Packers game and once in the Bears game, the reported responded with one pass a game isnt really using him, Mooch came back with uhhhh your right. I would steer clear of all of the Lions recievers, Roy WIlliams even scares me at this point and Mooch force feeds the guy the ball.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:45 am

mutantseabass wrote: Mooch force feeds the guy the ball.

Last I saw, harringbone was tossing the ball around or rather trying to, and not mooch.

However, it is a crap shoot with Det WRs. but if you have a spot on your bench to burn and your solid at other postions, why not. Or after his one big game he'll be excellent trade bait. (mutantseabass, harringbone, bait . . . something smells fishy. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:01 am

I just dropped Rogers.

I don't see any reason to keep him.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 24-Seville » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:15 am

Dropped Rogers and picked up Glenn last week.

I don't see Charles getting the ball consistently enough for a roster spot.

Too bad, I thought he was going to be one of my late round steals.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
24-Seville
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:25 am

Rogers, to me, looks as if he has gotten frustrated and may have given up to a degree. He can't battle his way off the line of scrimmage and the league knows that.

The idiots running the team have not figured out a way to help their WRs get off the line. If you watch a Lions game, and Lord only knows why you would, watch to see how many penalties CBs get for hands to the face. The league must have figured that a shot to the upper body immobilizes the Lions WRs and with the size difference they hit 'em in the mouth/head at times.

CRog in particular seems unwilling to fight through this and is often late getting into his routes. You can't run deep routes if you don't get off the line. And deep routes are where CRog should excel.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:45 am

moochman wrote:Rogers, to me, looks as if he has gotten frustrated and may have given up to a degree. He can't battle his way off the line of scrimmage and the league knows that.

The idiots running the team have not figured out a way to help their WRs get off the line. If you watch a Lions game, and Lord only knows why you would, watch to see how many penalties CBs get for hands to the face. The league must have figured that a shot to the upper body immobilizes the Lions WRs and with the size difference they hit 'em in the mouth/head at times.

CRog in particular seems unwilling to fight through this and is often late getting into his routes. You can't run deep routes if you don't get off the line. And deep routes are where CRog should excel.

What Mooch needs to do with Rogers is send him in motion, it will free him from the jam off the line somewhat.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk