USC-ASU ESPN College GameDay Times and Location - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

USC-ASU ESPN College GameDay Times and Location

Moderator: Football Moderators

USC-ASU ESPN College GameDay Times and Location

Postby Cards24 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:25 pm

Ok folks, this is what got emailed to me today,

The ESPN GameDay crew that will be in town for college football showdown between No. 14/15 Arizona State and No. 1/1 USC has announced its location and segment schedule for this weekend.

The College GameDay Built by The Home Depot set will be placed at the northeast corner of Rio Salado Drive and Packard Drive in ASU’s Lot 59. Picturesque Sun Devil Stadium and A Mountain will be displayed right behind the set.

The GameDay crew of Chris Fowler, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit will cover all the angles in college football with game previews, exclusive interviews, analysis, behind-the-scenes features and daring predictions, in addition to covering the ASU-USC matchup. Former Heisman Trophy winner Desmond Howard will also be on set doing segments for ESPNews.

Here is a tentative schedule of events that fans are encouraged and invited to attend:

Friday, Sept. 30:
1:40 p.m.-- Desmond Howard will do a live segment for ESPNews
2:10 p.m.-- Lee Corso will do a live segment for ESPNews
2:25 p.m.-- (approx) Chris, Lee and Kirk will tape a segment for the 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. SportsCenter.

Saturday, Oct. 1:
7:30 - 9:00 a.m. - College GameDay live
9:15 a.m. - Tape segments for use in Scoreboard shows that afternoon
12:00 p.m. - Live segments for the College Scoreboard show
4:00 p.m. - Live segments for the early SportsCenter and College Scoreboard Pregame show
6:15 p.m. (approx) - Live segments at halftime of Notre Dame/Purdue
7:45 p.m. (approx) - Live and taped segments for late SportsCenter and College Scoreboard final
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:35 pm

Ok....congrats I guess is what you're looking for here?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:41 am

Free Bagel wrote:Ok....congrats I guess is what you're looking for here?
yeah i dont understand the point of this

:-?
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cards24 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:35 am

This is the College Sports forum right??? Sometimes I feel I am in the Florida Gators forum.

We do have fans of other college team here as well guys. I know sometimes its hard for some people to realize this but, The world does turn west of the Mississippi as well.
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:08 pm

Cards24 wrote:This is the College Sports forum right??? Sometimes I feel I am in the Florida Gators forum.

We do have fans of other college team here as well guys. I know sometimes its hard for some people to realize this but, The world does turn west of the Mississippi as well.

And don't forget to mention that the Gators are a joke.... ;-)

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:16 pm

Cards24 wrote:This is the College Sports forum right??? Sometimes I feel I am in the Florida Gators forum.

Yea, all two of us Gators here. I don't know how you live with our blind homerism cluttering up the forums, especially considering 90% of the time I'm talking about UF it's about bad things.

So I guess you'll be posting the college gameday segment schedule every week right? Since you couldn't possibly have just been posting this info, which is useless to everyone here but you, to brag about gameday being in Tempe, right?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cards24 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:44 pm

The reason I posted this is because THERE ARE ASU and SC Fans that come to this forum. I guess I'll have to explain my posts from now on when I post under the college forum. Thank god the cafe mods dont think like you.

Man, I didn't know this was a such a sore subject, Don't be so bitter, I am sure one of these days ESPN Gameday will make it to the swamp.
Last edited by Cards24 on Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:47 pm

Cards24 wrote:Man, I didn't know this was a such a sore subject, Don't be so bitter, I am sure one of these days ESPN Gameday will make it to the swamp.

What does that have to do with anything?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:37 pm

This was two weeks ago, whats the point of reviving this thread?

BTW what was the score of the game?
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cards24 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:19 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:This was two weeks ago, whats the point of reviving this thread?

BTW what was the score of the game?

Agree... as far as the score goes another heart breaker for the devils. We were up 21 - 3 in the half and then SC made some serious adjustments and got the win. 38-28 They are not #1 by luck. After seeing Reggie Bush live, I realize what the hype is about.

Great game, were ASU actually gained a spot in the polls ;-D . But another heart breaker this season (the other was LSU). SDS was Hopping, and as far as the Game DAY stage... Well, lets just say the stage was ROCKING!!!
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to College Football