Troy Williamson got a chance to be big? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Troy Williamson got a chance to be big?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:07 pm

R00k wrote:I don't think it will take long for a wr to learn the offense. They seem to pick it up rather quickly, as a general rule.

No, those are RBs. As a general rule it takes most WRs 3 years to get adjusted to the NFL.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:10 pm

maddog60 wrote:
R00k wrote:I don't think it will take long for a wr to learn the offense. They seem to pick it up rather quickly, as a general rule.

No, those are RBs. As a general rule it takes most WRs 3 years to get adjusted to the NFL.

I dont know - I mean how long is it going to take TW to learn how to run straight ahead as fast as he can? Its not like MIN actually plans on trying to teach him route running.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:57 pm

Williamson is doing exactly what the Vikings drafted him to do.
Stretch the field...take advantage of bad matchups.

If you were thinking "Boldin" or "Clayton" when you drafted him, then you will find yourself very disappointed over the near future.
If you were thinking "Moss" or "Owens"....then I need to do a bit more research on the types of alcohol you consume in the month of August.
If you really desire to compare him to anyone....think more along the lines of a possible future "Lelie" type.

Bust ?? No.... he may indeed be a decent plug-in over a handful of weeks in the future (especially for larger FF leagues).....but on the flip side, never forget the fact that Troy is.... simply put ...."one dimensional"
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:20 pm

Justifiable_Sin wrote:If you really desire to compare him to anyone....think more along the lines of a possible future "Lelie" type.

Except that the Queens are paying TW over twice what Lelie is making - $15.75 over 5 yrs with most of it guaranteed compared to Lelie's $7.1 over 5 yrs with less than half of that garanteed. Thats one of the main reasons I call him a bust.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:28 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Justifiable_Sin wrote:If you really desire to compare him to anyone....think more along the lines of a possible future "Lelie" type.

Except that the Queens are paying TW over twice what Lelie is making - $15.75 over 5 yrs with most of it guaranteed compared to Lelie's $7.1 over 5 yrs with less than half of that garanteed. Thats one of the main reasons I call him a bust.

No argument there....

sadly though, examples of ridiculous contracts run rampant through the NFL
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby R00k » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:05 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

You obviously don't like the Vikings.
LOL
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby chchelse » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:56 am

R00k wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

LOL

It's not so much that he doesn't like the Vikings as he's trying to drag any team down to the sheer ineptitude of the Motor City Kitties. Harrington O:-) Rogers :~( and this years pick of Williams, with all the glaring holes on that team? I understand your pain CM, but perhaps you should be more concerned with your own teams picks instead of trying to lower the other teams to your level.........
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:18 am

chchelse wrote:
R00k wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

LOL

It's not so much that he doesn't like the Vikings as he's trying to drag any team down to the sheer ineptitude of the Motor City Kitties. Harrington O:-) Rogers :~( and this years pick of Williams, with all the glaring holes on that team? I understand your pain CM, but perhaps you should be more concerned with your own teams picks instead of trying to lower the other teams to your level.........

I love it. Every time a thread goes up about MIN and I jump in and explain how it really is people get mad at me and try and turn the conversation into an us vs. them thing.

DET has looked terrible so far and they need a new coach desperately. Chances are, Joey will not be in DET next yr. There - does that make you feel better? Does that change anything that was said about Troy Williamson?

Oh yeah - just because I have the Queens fans attention: Culpepper is overrated too.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chchelse » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:49 am

CM: As for TW my information has that he's been thrown to 8 times this year and has 5 catches for 127 yds and a score. In my league he is the 2nd highest scoring rookie WR behind Braylon. At this point he's catching 62.5% of the passes thrown to him. This compares favorably with other WR such as Holt:63.8%, Moss:46.5%, Owens:51.2%, Roy Williams:30.4%. By the way, Chad Johnson is at a whopping 76% of the balls thrown to him being caught. The point being, that although he has been given the reputation of dropping passes, so far he has been very good in the "real games". And given the fact that his QB is over-rated (as you say), I'd say his results so far have been very good. Of course these are based on facts alone and not idle speculation and rumor.................
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DGroundhog » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:13 pm

chchelse wrote:This compares favorably with other WR such as Holt:63.8%

Holt is exactly who I would compare TW to.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk