WR Values due to Injury - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR Values due to Injury

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Values due to Injury

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:18 pm

Just wanted to see what everyone thought about the #3 guys now stepping up to the plate due to #1/#2's getting injured. Obviously Ferguson has filled in nicely for a struggling GB offense, but what about K. Curtis or McDonald in STL now that Bruce isn't 100%? Who has more fantasy value, short term and long term?
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby crusader » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:29 pm

Curtis could be a strong 2 or 3 wr this year if Bruce is out for a period of time. I think he could be this years Skokley.
crusader
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Gnu314 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:02 am

Curtis won't be this year's Stokley but he certainly could be this year's Bruce 1000/6-7tds. Later in the season is when WRs really shine due to injury, theres always a couple of guys that come from no where in the middle of the season that can really put you over the edge (bennett last year for instance).
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:17 am

Curtis is definately worth at least a look, and worth a roster spot depending on your team size and/or on your depth at WR (or lack thereof). MacDonald's a reach IMO.

The thing is, with WR's it's awfully hard to find consistent production off the WW (or anywhere outside the top 5 or so for that matter). While there will likely be a WR who will put up solid numbers late in the season (when you very well might need it to get you in the playoffs or win you a championship) ala Bennett or Evans Last Year I think that in week 3/4 it's just too early to tell who those guys might/will be.

Still, Curtis and Ferguson are both guys that (if you have the spot) could post solid numbers in any given week. Consistent numbers are another thing.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk