Regrets? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Regrets?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Regrets?

Postby upyorz » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:24 pm

I passed up Culpepper for Brooks in my draft. 5th round i believe it was. Anyhow....even than i thought it was dumb but just had a gut feeling about Brooks. But now, if anyone mentions top 3 qb's, your bound to find Culpepper. Last year, i had culpepper as my starter and Brooks backing him. After the first game. Brooks became my starter and finished #2 behind Ganon in qb fantasy points.

So..........was it really that dumb of a move? I mean.....Stallworth developing even more.....and so on.......am i the only one who has faith in brooks?
upyorz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:26 pm

I have faith in Brooks, but Culpepper is still the better fantasy QB.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:28 pm

I drafted him on one of my teams.Both have great potential,the only way we're gonna find out is to play out the season,Brooks must avoid the injury bug and Culpepper has to quit turning the ball over...time will tell.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Orange and Blue » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:02 am

If you don't get penalized for picks, 'Pepper and Manning are #1/2. If you do, then they're #2/3.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:54 am

Guttpuppy wrote:I drafted him on one of my teams.Both have great potential,the only way we're gonna find out is to play out the season,Brooks must avoid the injury bug and Culpepper has to quit turning the ball over...time will tell.

Thats my view on this.

On paper C-pepp is the king of QB's this yr, but like GP says, lets see how the season pans out.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby LBJackal » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:55 pm

I've always thought the same thing about Brooks since the end of last season. Think about his situation: He has Joe Horn and Donte Stallworth to throw to - and Stallworth is more experienced now. He has Deuce as a RB, which doesn't allow for a lot of double teaming for the WR's. Deuce also makes his share of catches. It seems like a perfect situation. IMO he could finish as the #2 QB behind McNabb, even if Vick was 100%. It sounds crazy, but he was #2 last year and he was injured, with a rookie as his #2 WR. If his arm stays healthy he's worthy of being the 3rd QB taken, after McNabb and the ever consistent Peyton Manning. I'd stay away from C-Pepp, with no solid #2 WR and no solid RB.

Call me crazy, whatever. I'm the same guy who said Collins could throw for the most yardage this year, with Manning as the only clear contender to throw for more. We shall see when the year is through...
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:09 pm

i regret drafting james stewart in both cafe leagues. :-C :-/ :-[
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby tjhksig » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:58 am

I don't think you're crazy, but I would've taken Pepp for sure. He's not a better passer, but what he does on the ground vaults him past Brooks. He was a top 25 RUNNING BACK last year, are you f'in kidding me?
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk