Urlacher's off field troubles??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Urlacher's off field troubles???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Urlacher's off field troubles???

Postby primetimeplayer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:16 pm

I was watching PTI the other day and they were talking about Urlacher losing some of his endorsements because of some off the field issues......What were they talking about?? I havent heard anything..
primetimeplayer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dmville » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:41 pm

Basically just being a man-whore probably. Had a child w a groupie. Dating Paris Hilton while still officially married, while his wife was pregnant I believe. The guy plays harder off the field than on it sounds like.
Dmville
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:42 pm

Urlacher loses deal as Cadillac pitchman. Here's a link:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-url25.html
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:12 pm

Meathead or Roid Rage?

The world may never know.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:22 pm

Dmville wrote:Basically just being a man-whore probably. Had a child w a groupie. Dating Paris Hilton while still officially married, while his wife was pregnant I believe. The guy plays harder off the field than on it sounds like.

If I'm not mistaken, this sounds as if you are accusing him of not playing hard? Off the field issues, sure...bad decisions....you bet. But no one can question his work ethic, especially on the field. I in no way condone the things he has done off the field, but I cannot sit idly by and let a statement like that go unchallenged.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:50 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Dmville wrote:Basically just being a man-whore probably. Had a child w a groupie. Dating Paris Hilton while still officially married, while his wife was pregnant I believe. The guy plays harder off the field than on it sounds like.

If I'm not mistaken, this sounds as if you are accusing him of not playing hard? Off the field issues, sure...bad decisions....you bet. But no one can question his work ethic, especially on the field. I in no way condone the things he has done off the field, but I cannot sit idly by and let a statement like that go unchallenged.

Let a statement like that go unchallenged? Who cares? You must defend his honor? Laugh.

I get it. You were the groupie that Urlacher had the child with.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:50 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:

Uh, I think it was a joke. There's no team in the NFL that wouldn't want a Brian Urlacher. Doesn't change the fact that he was fooling around with Paris Hilton (NASTY!) and that he very recently has been dealing with child support hearings, as a result of a successful paternity suit. Guy's somewhat of a sleaze, if you go by those "stats" but he IS a great football player.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:52 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:

Actually Sixxgunn, it sounds like the guy was using Urlacher's work ethic to compare just how adventurous and active his off-field life seems like.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bobby Baseball » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:23 pm

OVER...RATED!!!!
Bobby Baseball
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dmville » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:08 am

Sixxgunn wrote:

No actually, I don't think anyone can argue his effort and skill on the field. I was just saying as hard as he does play on the field, he plays even harder off.

Here, hows this--"The guy plays even harder off the field than on." Hopefully I won't be sued for slander now.
Dmville
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk