ronnie brown/ricky williams situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ronnie brown/ricky williams situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

ronnie brown/ricky williams situation

Postby ellington_mike18 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:42 pm

does anyone have any idea of whats going to happen when ricky comes back? are they going to split carries, or is one going to be the clearcut starter, because i have heard that the dolphins said ronnie brown is their franchise back. But then again i heard ricky was going to take his starting job once he gets back, does anyone have any clue???
ellington_mike18
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DGroundhog » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:57 pm

I don't think you draft Ronnie Brown only to start a guy who left your team a year ago so he could smoke pot and be a 'high' profile groupie.

Ricky's appearances are only going to be to showcase him to a team that needs a RB and doesn't care too much about a players character.

He'll eat into Brown's value as any other situational RB would. Sammy Morris is probably the guy who loses the most PT to Ricky.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Challie » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:06 pm

I really don't think anybody has any clue what's going to happen, and beware of taking anybody's opinions (as intelligent as they may be) too seriously. If even NICK SABAN knew, he sure shouldn't say anything as it could hurt potential trade value (even though midseason trades are so tough, especially with the salary cap).

Keep looking at the speculation & see if you can get a real wisp of actual news on it - might as well, FF addicts need something to do between Sundays. Just make sure to wait for real news instead of acting on what me or anybody else in the cafe THINKS as opposed to KNOWS.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:31 pm

Wouldn't it be awesome (seeing as I own both of them) if Williams had a bust out game, and got traded as a starter to another team? *dreams*
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby grover99 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:48 pm

If he is traded (which I doubt, because he only has one game to play before the trading deadline) who do you think would be interested. I could see the Cards, I think Denny would take a chance on him.
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:39 pm

as far as im concerned, ricky should earn the starting job back
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby iloveny18 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:51 pm

I think brown will still be the starter unless he does bad. He'll probably get around 20 carries a game with ricky getting about 5-10. I do predict that ricky gets the goaline carries
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Challie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:30 am

grover99 wrote:If he is traded (which I doubt, because he only has one game to play before the trading deadline) who do you think would be interested. I could see the Cards, I think Denny would take a chance on him.

When is the last time you've seen a decent player traded during midseason? Last year's Keenan McCardell was the first one I can recall for a while, and that's only cause he was holding out.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ampant » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:58 am

grover99 wrote: I could see the Cards, I think Denny would take a chance on him.

Probably not, but that would be awesome for me (2 shiny starting RBs with no RBBC) Mabye they would trade Boldin or Fitz for Williams.

I am going to pretend that's likely to happen now. *dreams* ;-)
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:22 am

I say Williams starts a week or two after he comes back. The coaching staff have been really impressed by him and he has really put the time and effort to try and catch up. He had a great preseason and looked like his old self.

Brown hasn't been all that solid, besides that one game against the Panthers where he got most of his yards on that huge run.
go_jays_go
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk