Have you ever noticed.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Have you ever noticed....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Have you ever noticed....

Postby footballin' storm » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:54 am

When reading the posts about a certain player you can tell who owns the player on their team and who doesn't. It's very hard to keep personal bias out and stay objective when posting. I just read a Reggie Wayne post in the Start/Bench forum and everybody was saying this guy should bench Wayne and I am thinking - Are they crazy. He is gonna break out this year. Marvin will get double teamed and Wayne will catch 15 for 150 and 3 TD's. Of course I just picked up Wayne off waivers. Anyone else catch themselves doing this?
footballin' storm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:14 am

lol - nope. not me. I dont have any teams so I have no favorites.

Just messin.

What I have found is that rather than having favorite players, more often I have players I DONT like and stay away from. You will never see a team of mine with Vick, Price (as anything more than a 3rd WR), CMart, Garcia, or Horn on it just to name a few. Same can be said for some of the deep sleeper backups like L. Johnson or Fargas.

But my point is, yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. The objectivity level on this board has consistantly decreased as more people have drafted thier teams. Its pretty funny actually.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:28 am

Yea Cornbread, I've noticed how you've been consistently critical of Price and I feel totally different than you, and I agree it may be b/c I have him as my #2 WR, but then again he was solid in Buffalo. People dont like to believe that they're players wont preform, I think Edge will have a great season but then again I might not if he wasn't on my team.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:45 am

I don't consider myself very biased at all. In general, yes people are gonna tout players they have because they believe in them. If they didn't they wouldn't have drafted him in the first place. In fact, I consider myself to be very objective about my teams and others'.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 4Pack » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:52 am

I think I am pretty objective also! Although I have an idea in my mind what a certain player is going too do his season...I have also learned the hard way many many times that my expectations rarely match the actual numbers. So.....I try not too get my hopes up for a player too much anymore. LOL!
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Have you ever noticed....

Postby awwchrist » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:50 pm

footballin' storm wrote: He is gonna break out this year. Marvin will get double teamed and Wayne will catch 15 for 150 and 3 TD's. Of course I just picked up Wayne off waivers.

You know "they've" been saying that for years now.

When has Indy EVER had a respectable 2WR thats opposite Harrison?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AF » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:53 pm

Hey, I like guys that play favorites. Price was drafted before my pick came up leaving M.Faulk on the board for me. Yes Price was drafted in the first round :-?
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:30 pm

There is always going to be bias in opinions. it's because they are opinions. The best thing is to get several opinions and then go with that. Also, hector and victor's predicitons on ESPN tend to be helpful.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:02 pm

chaindog35 wrote:There is always going to be bias in opinions. it's because they are opinions. The best thing is to get several opinions and then go with that. Also, hector and victor's predicitons on ESPN tend to be helpful.

They never seemed to be good at predicting anything besides the obvious. The most important predictions are the iffy guys who aren't every week starts. If you get those #3 RBs and WRs guessed right, and start the right DEF most weeks, you're well on your way to winning. Any idiot can plug Ricky Williams in against the Detroit defense.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Have you ever noticed....

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:33 pm

footballin' storm wrote:When reading the posts about a certain player you can tell who owns the player on their team and who doesn't. It's very hard to keep personal bias out and stay objective when posting. I just read a Reggie Wayne post in the Start/Bench forum and everybody was saying this guy should bench Wayne and I am thinking - Are they crazy. He is gonna break out this year. Marvin will get double teamed and Wayne will catch 15 for 150 and 3 TD's. Of course I just picked up Wayne off waivers. Anyone else catch themselves doing this?

I know I'm ignoring your whole point, but Marvin Harrison has been triple teamed for the last 3 seasons only to put up amazing numbers each year. And Manning seems to only have eyes for TE's or Harrison. And Reggie Wayne dropped 4 catchable balls on Monday night against Denver a few weeks ago.

Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Football Talk