Have you ever noticed.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Have you ever noticed....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby footballin' storm » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:30 pm

I know I am grasping at straws with Wayne but I have to find someone to catch the ball for my team. As of now Rod Gardner is my #1 receiver, so I am getting delusional.

QB McNabb, Donovan
RB Portis, Clinton
RB Green, William
WR Gardner, Rod
WR Boerigter, Marc
WR Wayne, Reggie
TE Miller, Billy
Bench Green, Trent
Bench Martin, Curtis
Bench Betts, Ladell
Bench Streets, Tai
Bench Conway, Curtis
Bench Reed, Josh

K Mare, Olindo
DEF New England

12 team, drafted 3rd
footballin' storm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ousmagic » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:52 pm

u shud start conway and streets over wayne and boerigtor
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:46 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Yea Cornbread, I've noticed how you've been consistently critical of Price and I feel totally different than you, and I agree it may be b/c I have him as my #2 WR, but then again he was solid in Buffalo. People dont like to believe that they're players wont preform, I think Edge will have a great season but then again I might not if he wasn't on my team.

Ya know, reading this thread turned a light on in my head. Ive been playing ffootball for a while now, and I just realized I look at fantasy players in a completely different light than most people. I use a pretty fundamental approach, but, like I noted above, I target players who I want to avoid more than players I think might break out. Because of this reason I almost never will "jump" for players in drafts. I would rather sit back and take the guys who slip through because others are picking "sleepers".

I guess for me its easier to spot hype and avoid it than wade through the sleepers for the 3-4 who will break out.

Does anyone else find themselves using the pessimistic approach as well?

I guess that says it perfectly - Pessimistic drafting vs. Optimistic drafting.

Interesting.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:53 pm

This is a good thread. I avoid certain players like the plague and still find myself looking for a way to trade for the Bus cause I know in my heart that he will come back this year. How screwed up am I?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Orange and Blue » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:23 am

I actually love the Sporting News' Ultimate Fantasy Football site, because it's salary based rather than draft based. Since the players aren't unique, you can have absolutely anybody you want on your roster... but you have to compare their value to other players at other positions. I think it goes a long way to keeping me objective. For instance, I think the Edge is back this year. However, if I didn't think that, I'd merely cut him from my team and use the $8 mil. to hire Jamal Lewis, or upgrade my #1 and #2 WRs, or any of a million things.

I have a touch of Denver bias, but it's the merest whisper. For instance, the only denver WR I'm going anywhere near is Lelie, merely because the others aren't going to have great fantasy years. He's not, either, but he's a great bargain for the GOOD fantasy year he's going to have. I have Portis over Williams, but I like to think that's because I believe Williams is going to break down under the SEVERE workload he'll face, while Portis will improve his stats with 4 more starts this year.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

who the hell is Boldin?

Postby BadMoon » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:25 pm

And should I pick him up?

Is he a one week flash in the pan or the real deal?
BadMoon

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk