Bledsoe loves playing vs. Pats,true,but... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe loves playing vs. Pats,true,but...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bledsoe loves playing vs. Pats,true,but...

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am

Leo Roth, Democrat and Chronicle

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds said Drew Bledsoe was “ amped up” for last season’s two games against the New England Patriots, the team that unceremoniously dumped him after nine seasons. Perhaps that helps explain why Bledsoe blew a fuse, tossing a total of five interceptions and going 3-of-9 in the red zone in Buffalo’s 38-7 and 27-17 losses.

Full Story.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:52 am

I hope he plays it cool, I have Bledsoe on one of my teams and Moulds on another.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Pats

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:17 pm

I'd never start Bledsoe against the Pats --- period.

One of the criticisms of Milloy was that his individual stats went to hell last year, but IMHO that's because he became more of a team player. Instead of risking everything for the glory of an interception, he concentrated on breaking up the plays.

Throwing out your team captain with the garbage has to come back and haunt you somehow. It may not be on the field, however. My bet is that the Patriots players will only look upfront guaranteed green in future negotiations. The front office has just said, 'This is a business.' and they'd better believe that what goes around comes around. "Money talks or athletes walk" will become the new Patriots catchphrase. Management forgot that they're supposed to at least 'pretend' that players mean something to them.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Re: Pats

Postby Homeless » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:25 pm

DraftDodger wrote: Management forgot that they're supposed to at least 'pretend' that players mean something to them.

BINGO !
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:05 pm

Just remember that the Pats have one of the best owners in the league. He doesn't mind spending money on players. He'd rather lose money and win, then get money and lose. Milloy wouldn't take ANY type of pay-cut, even if he recieved a bigger bonus. That seems to be pretty selfish, and not for the "team." I loved him as a player and as their team leader, but sometimes you gotta cut the ties before it gets too personal. I wish him all the luck,(just not vs the pats :)) but I think that everyone will see that its the system that makes great players, not players that make a great system.

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk