Is Gruden going to run his Caddy till hes empty? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Gruden going to run his Caddy till hes empty?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is Gruden going to run his Caddy till hes empty?

Postby MrHokeyPokey » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:16 pm

Cadillac had the privalage of splitting run time in college and now hes getting over 30 carries a game. Do you think we are going to see Cadillac's number drop soon? I own him and am thinking about trying to sell high, what do you think?
MrHokeyPokey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RyanTB » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:35 pm

Keep him, especially if you're in a keeper league. I expect that his number of carries will go down from the 37 he had last week against GB. Right now he's the second leading rusher in the NFL, I expect he will finish in the top 5.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:38 pm

Gruden ran him a lot last week because he needed to run the clock down and Caddy did just that. The second half of that game was all caddy all the time.

Because he hasnt had as many reps in college i think that only makes him fresher. He is young and should be able to handle 25-30 carries. I dont think Gruden will run him more than that on the average. The only thing that i am sort of leary of is his nagging foot sprain. Right now i dont think its a problem but if he keeps aggravating it, it could become one.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Teh Jury » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:58 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Gruden ran him a lot last week because he needed to run the clock down and Caddy did just that. The second half of that game was all caddy all the time.

Because he hasnt had as many reps in college i think that only makes him fresher. He is young and should be able to handle 25-30 carries. I dont think Gruden will run him more than that on the average. The only thing that i am sort of leary of is his nagging foot sprain. Right now i dont think its a problem but if he keeps aggravating it, it could become one.

That phrase is reserved for Jamal Lewis :-D
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:58 pm

In a keeper or dynasty league, you can't trade Caddy, but in a redraft I think now is a great time to sell. Odds are he doesn't get 100+ rushing yards in all of his games, so his trade value will drop. Throw in that college backs usually tire in the second half due to being used to 10 game schedules, and Caddy's already intense workload, coupled with the fact that he split carries in college. Yeah, he's going to either be used less or slow down, either way, his fantasy value will drop. See if you can pry away Priest Holmes, Edge, or better for him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:01 pm

The only problem I could see with Caddy outside of durability, is what happens if his carries do go down?

Caddy is getting most of his yards on carries 27, 28, etc etc when the defense is exhausted. Even in Caddy's big games against Minnesota and Green Bay, his first 25 carries in each game had him under 80 yards and no TD's.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:03 pm

so Free Bagel you dont think 4.9 yards a carry is a good enough average?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:16 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:so Free Bagel you dont think 4.9 yards a carry is a good enough average?

He said that his first 25 carries were for 80 yards... That is not a 4.9 yards a carry average.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:21 pm

yes your right he did but he still averages almost 5 yards a carry. It only makes since that the last part of the game he gets stronger. Defenses wear down especially when they are getting beaten.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Teh Jury » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:52 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:yes your right he did but he still averages almost 5 yards a carry. It only makes since that the last part of the game he gets stronger. Defenses wear down especially when they are getting beaten.

Bagel is saying that he averages around 5 because he breaks away for sweet gains late in the game, and that in the early to mid stages of the game, Caddy generally isn't "killing it".
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk