What do you guys think about this team.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you guys think about this team..

Moderator: Football Moderators

What do you guys think about this team..

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:39 pm

QB
Culpepper
Manning

RB
Priest Holmes
Tomlinson
Lamar Smith
Ron Dayne

WR
David Boston
Torry Holt
Steve Smith
Keenan McCardell

TE
Byron Chamberlain
Freddie Jones

K
Jay feely

DL
Phillip daniels
Marcellus Willey

LB
Charley Clemons
Anthony Simmons

DB
Sammy Knight

I am at Sandbox, in a 10 team league. I thinking about trading Manning for another RB and WR. Any thoughts?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:44 pm

ur offense starters are very very good. ur depth except at the qb postion isnt good though and ur defense isnt spectacular. however, i wouldnt mind if i had that offense. do teams really take a lot defensive players in the early rounds? i cant think of any other explanation for those offensive players!

maybe i should join a league with defensive players... all the teams posted here seem incredible to me. 8-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby cwebb » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:05 pm

Yeah, I love that team! watch the wire for defense players and if you want to trade one of your QBs don't forget to get a backup or one injury could destroy your championship hopes.

And yes, many guys leave the list pretty much unchanged, thus drafting defensive players as early as the 6th round, much too early!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:16 pm

It does look good...I've always heard to wait for the first week before looking at changing defensive players. But you may also want to check the waivers for guys that snuck in under the radar. I did that recently and found Kearse, J. Smith, D. Sharper and T. Spikes. (All good def players)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to Football Talk