fishy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

fishy

Moderator: Football Moderators

fishy

Postby guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:14 am

Is it fishy when a commishner of a league does a trade to improve his team immensely and then waives the 2 day waiting period the day before Sunday. He will get Harrison in the trade and then will play him against me tomorrow.. just wondering if that would be fishy in a leauge.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby CC » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:20 am

sounds like he's only looking to improve his team and doesnt really give a damn about the rules, if he keeps this shee up then get a couple other owners together and vote him out of commish
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 4Pack » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:22 am

LOL...are you from my league by chance? LOL! Actually...I am the commissioner of a private league and I just swung a trade for Harrison and Holmes. I have the ability too waive the waiting period so I can start them both tommorrow! But...gotta have a few more morals than that. I have already posted to the league that I will not be waiving the waiting period on any trade I can swing. I will however accelerate other trades between league members if it is indeed a fair trade IMO!
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:49 am

After the trade was finalized and sent through, then the commish decided it would be time to state the rule concerning trades. Just seems interesting that it would occur in such a fashion.

Friendliness: %

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:52 am

What was the trade? Was it fair? If so, probably nothing to worry about yet, since he's just doing for himself what he'd probably do for you.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jeru » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:54 pm

It depends on what the owners in your league have agreed on, and have done in the past. If everyone has agreed that trades can't be protested and the commishioner will put the trade through as soon as he sees it pending, then it's fine. If he puts his trades through right away and then makes everyone else wait the trade reject period on their trades, then you have a legit beef.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Homeless » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:23 pm

Thats not right, im lucky, if our commish tries stuff like that i can walk across the street and kick his....err talk to him about it :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Football Talk