Priest Holmes and L Johnson: Split or keep together? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest Holmes and L Johnson: Split or keep together?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ike301 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:29 am

bomp
Post your link, I will answer yours to the best of my knowledge.
ike301
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:36 am

ike301 wrote:i mean i have ph and lj. lj wont get the call until ph stinks it up. that means i'm bearing the risk. what if i trade lj to someone and then get the back up of a RB on the wire? i mean, i;ve actually have been getting decent proposals for lj. ....

LJ won't get the call unless PH gets injured.

Priest Holmes doesn't stink it up. Check out his numbers for the past few years. Gold, baby...gold.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:43 am

Unless someone makes an offer you can't refuse you should keep LJ. Priest is gold until he gets hurt. Then LJ is gold. So why would you weaken you number one RB spot?

Their production hasn't been as mighty as normal, nor has it been barren. Once Green, a notoriously slow starter, gets it in gear and the O-line gets healthy who ever is the starter will be money.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ike301 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:02 am

moochman wrote:Unless someone makes an offer you can't refuse you should keep LJ. Priest is gold until he gets hurt. Then LJ is gold. So why would you weaken you number one RB spot?

Their production hasn't been as mighty as normal, nor has it been barren. Once Green, a notoriously slow starter, gets it in gear and the O-line gets healthy who ever is the starter will be money.

i just think i could diversify my strengths in other areas. but yeah, the last two fumbles has probably secured PH for more touches, at least for now. if i can get a #1 solid wide for LJ, i'll prolly do it.

Week 5 (2-1-1)

1QB: Bledsoe, Collins
3WR: Harrison, D Mason, S Moss, Burress
2RB: Holmes, Westbrook, R Williams, L Johnson, F Taylor, Pittman
1T/E: R McMichael
K: Rackers
DEF: TEN
ike301
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Gang Green » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:57 pm

Willie Roaf should be back next week. With him on the line, expect to see Priest running to his left gouging up yardage as he did in the past. Roaf will also help Green get the passing game going which will help make teams play more honest on defense. I am admittedly a Priest owner but for these stated reasons, there's no way I'm trading him off. (I'm still pissed off on missing out on LJ :-P ).
Gang Green
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:08 pm

Most overrated players in fantasy football:

1. Michael Vick
2. Larry Johnson
3. Andre Johnson

I could not believe a backup RB was being drafted in the 5th round in a lot of leagues. It also seems like LJ owners think he's worth way more than his stats suggest.

If you're going to split them, sell LJ.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ike301 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:27 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Most overrated players in fantasy football:

1. Michael Vick
2. Larry Johnson
3. Andre Johnson

I could not believe a backup RB was being drafted in the 5th round in a lot of leagues. It also seems like LJ owners think he's worth way more than his stats suggest.

If you're going to split them, sell LJ.

Those top two are potentially on the same list as Most Fumbles too. =)

No, all funny business aside, both are underrated. I had vick and actually dropped him. Check out all the threads I written about him. But, from a fantasy outlook and based on my scoring (-3 for fumbles and INTs) he's too risky. No one to really pass too. He runs so much that he's going to get hurt. He ran 900 yards last season! Thats more than most second string backs.

As far as LJ, ur right. overrated. people like him cuz they think priest is going down. perhaps. but to be consistent, that means you should start looking at all the backup backs. that said, i dunno, i tink i'm going to trade away lj. got him off the wire anyway. ;-D
ike301
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:08 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
ike301 wrote:i mean i have ph and lj. lj wont get the call until ph stinks it up. that means i'm bearing the risk. what if i trade lj to someone and then get the back up of a RB on the wire? i mean, i;ve actually have been getting decent proposals for lj. ....

LJ won't get the call unless PH gets injured.

Priest Holmes doesn't stink it up. Check out his numbers for the past few years. Gold, baby...gold.

Thing is, last year Priest DID get injured, and LJ went OFF. There's a reason for "handcuffing" backs, at least the ones with injury history. (I've got Blaylock handcuffed to C-Mart on one team, and C-Mart never sits. But the way he's playin', and the thininosity (second made up word of the day) at that league at RB, I'm not gonna squander the POTENTIAL that Blaylock could start at some point. (Which he did, last year, in KC, for PRIEST.))

There are backs that don't need the 'cuff (LT2, SA, McGahee), and those that do (JLew, CMart, Priest). If your'e gonna split the set, deal them both. Otherwise, just be patient. Roaf gets back the KC Offense will get back on track.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby ampant » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:19 pm

I just traded for Priest, and I made a second trade for Johnson. If Priest goes down, you are screwed without Johnson.

KC running game will start opening up. They didn't look good against DEN, but the Broncos have a STOUT run d.

Plus, Willie Roaf gets back next week, which will be big. AND their blocking TE comes back, which gets Gonzo involved with the passing game, and preventing teams from stacking the box.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Matthias » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:33 pm

trade them both, but trade them separately.

trade priest first, since i think it's going to be tougher to get equal value out of him. so shop him around until you get a #1 rb, reminding everyone he was the #3 - #5 overall pick this season in drafts.

then, trade johnson away for a second-tier rb or a high-tier wr to all of the people waiting for priest's leg to fall off at the kneecap.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk