Kevin Jones...sell now or wait it out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones...sell now or wait it out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby foulballstrike3 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:16 pm

Alright, his value is nothing right now. His value is going to get nothing but worse. His next 3 games are against TB, Baltimore and Carolina. OUCH! I think he has an easy game against Cleveland or something then he plays Chitown again.

Here's the thing, you can sell him now while his value is still based off of his name.
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:20 pm

I never understood that "sell him based on his name" KJ doesn't have a "name" he has some hype, but I'd say that has all but disappated, plus KJ is a good player, don't sell him at all. Playoff time he'll be clutch. Guys you can sell on a "name" are all star players at the end of their career like curtis martin or tiki barber. KJ doesn't have a name, just a 1000 yard season.

This really is a DTKW question anyhow.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boyz35 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:36 pm

"lamont jordan and keyshawn for KJ and anquan boldin.."
That's buying low?
I'm not trading KJ cuz he's selling too low now. 3 weeks ago I could have had Cadillac for him. :~(
boyz35
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby octagon999 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:59 pm

I think Lamont is still very underrated on the board. In my two leagues which give PPR, Jordan has been a very reliable option.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:43 am

I say wait on him unless you think you can get another buy low player for him that you like such as maybe a Portis.

A. Can't get much worse
B. No one wants him right now because of how poorly Detroit is doing.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby foulballstrike3 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:13 pm

skibrett15 wrote:I never understood that "sell him based on his name" KJ doesn't have a "name" he has some hype, but I'd say that has all but disappated, plus KJ is a good player, don't sell him at all. Playoff time he'll be clutch. Guys you can sell on a "name" are all star players at the end of their career like curtis martin or tiki barber. KJ doesn't have a name, just a 1000 yard season.

This really is a DTKW question anyhow.

A name? By a name, I meant that he was a borderline first round pick, and people will still treat him as such. I'm saying, if someone is panicking already, they're going to be even worse in a few weeks when he does nothing else.
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby duckbillgates » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:59 pm

boyz35 wrote:"lamont jordan and keyshawn for KJ and anquan boldin.."
That's buying low?
I'm not trading KJ cuz he's selling too low now. 3 weeks ago I could have had Cadillac for him. :~(

I don't think you'll be crying about that failed trade at the end of the year. Granted, Cadillac is out of the gate strong, but KJ has really only had one bad start, and that was against a tougher-than-expected Bears defense.
Need big trade advice:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1158528#1158528
duckbillgates
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chuckles » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:04 am

foulballstrike3 wrote:Alright, his value is nothing right now. His value is going to get nothing but worse. His next 3 games are against TB, Baltimore and Carolina. OUCH! I think he has an easy game against Cleveland or something then he plays Chitown again.

Here's the thing, you can sell him now while his value is still based off of his name.

You've gotta think long-term man! His last 4 weeks (via ESPN News as I don't remember who Detroit's playing) are cupcakes against the run. Perfect timing for fantasy play-offs. It would be a mistake to get rid of him now.

I got him in a trade with Jamal Lewis for Larry Johnson, for what it's worth. Don't give up on him!
Chuckles
General Manager
General Manager

Postby foulballstrike3 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:25 pm

He did nothing today outside of the 8 yard touchdown, I know I know, a TD. However, he didn't start the 2nd half, and if my eyes served me correctly he wasn't even in there for the first offensive play for the Lions today. I have him in one league and don't want him, and I am trying to acquire him in another. I need him for bye week reasoning, it's a long story.
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bagobonez » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:47 pm

Don't sell now. Because you will get next to nothing for him. It's better to just wait it out and hope he has a 2nd half explosion like he did last year.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk