Housh vs. Wayne for the rest of the year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Housh vs. Wayne for the rest of the year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Housh vs. Wayne for the rest of the year

Postby FF Newbie » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:47 pm

Who would you rather have and why? At the beginning of the season, Wayne was rated well above Housh, but Housh has easily out-performed him so far and the Bengals offense really seems to be clicking. Which #2 WR will perform better from here on out?
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:51 pm

I'll take Wayne, because I think Manning looks to him with the same confidence he puts in Harrison, whereas, despite his emergence, Palmer clearly goes to CJ when in doubt. This I feel will lead to more opportunities by season's end for Wayne, and thus better stats.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FF Newbie » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:02 pm

For that matter, how about Palmer vs. Manning and the Bengals offense vs. the Colts...
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mikus » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:05 pm

the first question, i go with wayne too. eventually, the colts are going to break out of this offensive slumber and i think it could happen this weekend against a weak pass-d tennessee team.

as for the comparison of the colts and bengals ... i think the bengals O so far has been very similar to the colts O of last year. right now, bengals have the edge. manning v. palmer ... palmer right now, but you never know ... manning could start clicking any day, then he's back on top.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Cinderboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:06 pm

I think Housh's and Wayne's numbers will be very similiar this year, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Housh even better next year. Although, there have been some thoughts about Henry, I think that was him, taking more of a role in the Bengals offense and possibly reducing Housh's opportunities.

I posted something along these lines a week or so ago. Some pretty good thoughts on the matter.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=165569&highlight=
Cinderboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby benjapage » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:06 pm

hmm...good question. i really put them at about equal stature. can't say i agree with the premise that palmer's always boned out for CJ. housh gets as many looks as he does because he's typically sifting through soft coverage.

much as i love my bengals, they're just not as proven a commodity as the colts on offense. i can't put a whole ton of stock into the first couple games, but the bengals offense is a lot closer to that of the colts than i'd have guessed at the end of last season.

i would say houshy over wayne, but colts over bengals (by a hair!).

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:53 pm

At this point, you'd have to give them an equal shot to do well. They are both #2's on a decent offense. We know the Colts offense is better than they are showing right now, and they should break out of the doldrums in the coming weeks. They have some inferior teams coming up. The Colts did the same thing last year which is why they had such success in the pass game.

The question will be whether Manning gets the chance to throw TD passes or not. There's a lot of luck involved in play calling and outcomes, and last year was one of those deals where the optimal conditions existed for a huge season through the air.

I would still give a slight edge to Wayne at this point, but they are both looking like lower-end fantasy #2's at this point. At the beginning of the year, people were looking to Wayne as a #1 option. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:56 pm

Peyton seems to favor Wayne over Harrison, While Palmer looks to Johnson much more than TJ.

I would much rather have Wayne even though their offense has gotten off to a slow start.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:45 pm

Harrison is the man in Indy , don't know why you would say Peyton likes wayne more?

Housh and wayne are fairly equal slight edge going to Wayne for being more proven
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GRIMHAMMER » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:13 pm

Wayne will have much better numbers at the end of the year than Housh. Keep in mind the opponents that Cincinatti has been going up against to start this season have been a walk in the park. You really couldn't ask for better match ups. CLE, MIN, CHI. The Bengals will come back down to earth when they get to play PIT twice, and BAL twice. Colts schedule gets much easier from here and you will start to see the vast divergence between these number two wide-outs.
GRIMHAMMER
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk