Waiver Wire patience - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Waiver Wire patience

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:04 pm

Steve-o wrote:
a4ce wrote:I agree but in the league that I'm in, every transaction (ww add/trade) costs $2. I play the ww but I have to kinda look long term on the players versus the weekly match-ups.

For me it's $5, so I know what you mean. Plus it's 14 teams so it's pretty thin.

In my "fun" yahoo league the bench has 9 spots! Not like there is a lot of talent on that wire.

It all depends.

Ours is only $1, but with a $50 buy-in, it adds up at then end of the season. I made the least amount of waiver moves last year and won the whole thing...the moves I did make counted the most: Julius Jones, Drew Bennett. I have never traded once, but then again, the guys in my league are so protective over their teams, they veto all drafts or don't offer at all. I think it all depends on your team and it's depth. I laugh at the guys who pick up the WR's or RB's that had one great week, play them the next week and get nothing out of them!

This season, I picked up 2 RB's off of FA right after I drafted because I had Edge, T. Bell, and M. Bennett (we drafted like a month before the season started, in my defense). I got MeMo and T. Jones...not the deepest set of RB's, but when guys are starting Shipp and Jacobs as #2 RB's in our 12-team league, I'm not complaining!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk