Chris Leak is way overrated. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Chris Leak is way overrated.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Leak is way overrated.

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:11 pm

Everytime I see this guy play he looks average at best. He always seems to make poor decisions. I'm surprised to see the Gators are still undefeated, but that's changing right now against Alabama.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:13 pm

:,-(
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:57 pm

Wow, I did not see that blowout coming.
So much for my Chris Leak for Heisman call.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:48 am

Okay, I was at the Bama vs. Florida game.

Chris Leak's ability is simple. If the opponent is able to put pressure on him (as Alabama did with sometimes only 3 linemen), then he's horrible. There's nothing he can do, and he usually tries to lob it somewhere.

But, if you get no pressure on him, then he can easily find those big receivers that they have.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:42 pm

I was there too Vhawk, maybe we saw each other, heh.

Saying Chris Leak is overrated is saying what I, as a Gator, have been saying for the last 6 months.

Let's go ahead and move past the fact that he's a terrible fit for this offense, and let's move past the fact that he is the single most scared football player I have ever seen (he will NOT take a hit), and move onto the real problem.

Chris Leak, as a 3rd year junior starter, is a true freshman at heart.

He came in with all this hype, and a super pretty release and great looking pass. However, as a true freshman he had a few problems that most true fresman do.

1) He held the ball too long and took waaaay too many long sacks. Throwing the ball away was not in his repetoire.
2) He did not check down. His primary read was always the guy who got the ball.
3) He stared down his WR's. Looking off the safety is a foreign concept too him. Throwing a 6 yard hook? He'll stare at that WR from the time the ball is snapped until he throws it. Two defenders squatting on it? That just means he stares at the WR, waiting for him to come open as if the DB's are just going to magically run away.
4) 3rd and 6, he'll throw a 6 yard hook. 4th and 7, he'll throw a 7 yard hook. You get the point. When he has x yards to go, he'll throw an x yard hook. Doesn't look at any of the downfield options at all. If they ran a post over the top of the hook, and the safety AND the cb covering the post both came off that guy to cover the hook and left the guy on the post totally uncovered, he would still throw the hook.

Ok, he's a true freshman though, obviously has lots of talent but he just makes the standard freshman mistakes. The problem is, here we are now with Leak as a Junior 3rd year starter and he has those EXACT same problems. If anyone watched a replay of the Alabama game keep those 4 things in mind and you'll know exactly what I mean. It's the same thing he's been doing for his entire college career, and any defense with half a brain knows it and can totally and utterly shut him down. And of course he's STILL a totally pansy who will not take a hit and only runs when he has no other choice. He's the only QB I've ever seen that will slide 1 yard short of a 1st down on 3rd or 4th down.

Overrated? Absolutely.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:39 pm

Gotta love the BOLD predictions about Leak being overrated, especially AFTER the gators get blown out by Bama. :-t

Gotta love when the gators lose that bad. Brings back memories of the 1995 Fiesta Bowl........ ;-D

GO HUSKERS!!! :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:50 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Gotta love the BOLD predictions about Leak being overrated, especially AFTER the gators get blown out by Bama. :-t

If you check the time I posted, it was in the first quarter.. while the game was very much still in reach.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:04 pm

Leak is a total mismatch for the offense Meyer wants to run. Pocket passer in an option attack = No good.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:49 pm

I know that isnt a Nebraska fan talking. :-t you guys are pathetic. so calm down sir
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:47 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Gotta love the BOLD predictions about Leak being overrated, especially AFTER the gators get blown out by Bama. :-t

Gotta love when the gators lose that bad. Brings back memories of the 1995 Fiesta Bowl........ ;-D

GO HUSKERS!!! :-b

I can personally vouche that Bagel has been saying that Leak is overrated since last year's Peach Bowl. I have felt the same way th entire time.

I also was at the Alabama game for the record and I just hope that Hawk wasn't one of those routy 'Bama students.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to College Football