Chris Leak is way overrated. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Chris Leak is way overrated.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:06 pm

cough....1995 Fiesta Bowl....cough.....tommie frazier....cough ;-D :-D :-b
Last edited by GreatestShowOnEarth on Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:43 pm

I wouldnt say the Huskers would "most likely beat" the gators.

While at this point i pretty much have no choice but to agree that he's overrated, i still have faith in him. He's still more athletic and IMHO more talented than almost every other college QB, and i think that he can pull it together for next season. Im not being bias, i admit i love the guy, but i think its just consistancy that he lacks, and that can change.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:25 pm

Wow. Clicked on here to comment about Chris Leak and I see a bunch of Husker talk. I'll say this NU can compete with anyone ranked 15-25. NU is getting no love because of whats happened the past 3 seasons. Its funny, if this were 5 years ago and NU had played the same exact schedule with the same exact results, be would certainly question whether NU was for real, but for better or worse they'd proabably be ranked in the top15 due to name value. Just shows how much of joke the polls are. The voting is based on about 75% on what has transpired this year, and about 25% on what that team has done over the last couple of years. Usually outside of the top5 or 6 the polls seam to become just a popularity contest.

Anyway about Chris Leak. I think he's a great QB. The problem is that he wasnt raised to run options and spreads, he was raised to run a pro-style, pass first offense ala Zook or Spurrior. I liken Leak to Joe Dailey. Dailey wouldve been a fantastic option QB at NU, much better than his predecessor, Jammal Lord. But thrown into Callahan's offense he looked like a second rate loser. I guarantee if Leak was running Callahans offense NU probably would've beat TT and NU would be a top10 team with nobody questioning their legitimacy.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to College Football