Trap Game? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Trap Game?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trap Game?

Postby dave416 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:38 pm

Anyone think that this functions as an infamous "trap game" for our beloved Bengals?

Texans:
Started 0-2: hungry for the first win
Coming off a bye
New OC

Bengals:
at Jacksonville in prime time next week

What do you all think?
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:55 pm

That's what I was thinking about earlier, in a sense. Houston needs to do it now and had an extra week to get something figured out. I'm looking for a heavy dose of Dom Davis if they're smart, even in the passing game should they get down early.

You know I'm rooting against them but it's bittersweet as CJ is a solid contributor on some of my fantasy teams.

Any news on Madieu Williams? Kinda need him to go in an IDP with Mike Brown on bye.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dave416 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:59 am

Guttpuppy wrote:That's what I was thinking about earlier, in a sense. Houston needs to do it now and had an extra week to get something figured out. I'm looking for a heavy dose of Dom Davis if they're smart, even in the passing game should they get down early.

You know I'm rooting against them but it's bittersweet as CJ is a solid contributor on some of my fantasy teams.

Any news on Madieu Williams? Kinda need him to go in an IDP with Mike Brown on bye.

As far as I know he is playing....no mention of him on the injury report. In fact, they have no one any worse than probable.
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:51 pm

He didn't play like I figured but I still did OK with his zero. I was gonna switch him out but couldn't bring myself to drop anyone as they all hold good value.

Any future info on him would be greatly appreciated.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Arlo » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:30 am

Guttpuppy wrote:He didn't play like I figured but I still did OK with his zero. I was gonna switch him out but couldn't bring myself to drop anyone as they all hold good value.

That's the problem with having a stacked roster... :-)

Williams is iffy for next week, but apparently, the Bengals are optimistic. Of course, that's not saying much... Hopefully, we'll know more by the middle of the week.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dave416 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:38 am

Arlo wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:He didn't play like I figured but I still did OK with his zero. I was gonna switch him out but couldn't bring myself to drop anyone as they all hold good value.

That's the problem with having a stacked roster... :-)

Williams is iffy for next week, but apparently, the Bengals are optimistic. Of course, that's not saying much... Hopefully, we'll know more by the middle of the week.

Sorry about that... was not aware that he wasn't playing today.
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby BadgerBengal » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:40 pm

This was the kind of game that the Bengals would have lost in the past. The Texans would have driven down and scored the winning TD at the end of the game. The Bengals held on in a close hard fought game. I wish they would have beaten the Texans more convincingly but hey 4-0 is a great start and maybe this game shows the Bengals to bring their A-Game every week. Who-Dey.
Thanks to WickedSmaat for the Grrreat sig
BadgerBengal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DUKE » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:31 am

GP, to think that I'm trying to aid not only a Steelers fan, but also a fantasy league foe. Here's the latest I've seen. It was from the local Cincinnati Enquirer.

Injured Williams participates in Bengals practice

By Mark Curnutte
Enquirer staff writer

ADVERTISEMENT

The Bengals practiced again this afternoon – with one unexpected addition – in preparation for the game Sunday night at Jacksonville.

Free safety Madieu Williams (shoulder), though questionable, was in shoulder pads at the start of practice. He did drills early in practice on the sideline under a trainer’s supervision. The injury report, which would tell if Williams had been upgraded, would not be ready until after practice at about 4 p.m.

Tailback Rudi Johnson (knee) and right tackle Willie Anderson (back) did participate early in practice. They were listed as probable on Wednesday.

Center Rich Braham (knee) and wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh (hand) did not practice. They were questionable.

The Jaguars, 2-2, are a two and a half-point favorite over the Bengals. Home teams normally get three points in a game that is too close to call.

To add to this, I've heard that Madieu is saying that he will try and play this Sunday, experimenting with wearing a protective brace and "dealing" with the pain. For perspective, Landon Johnson had a very similar injury early on last year and was able to finish the year, opting for the surgery after the season. As a fan, I'm dying for Madieu to play. In the offseason, Marvin was quoting as naming Madieu the best player on the defense.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Return to Cincinnati Bengals