Great Idea - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Great Idea

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:16 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Age: 23

Looks like you got married at about the same age I did. Is your wife older or younger than you? Mine is older by two years, so when we got married I was 21 and she was 23. She took advantage of my youth. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:21 pm

knapplc wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Age: 23

Looks like you got married at about the same age I did. Is your wife older or younger than you? Mine is older by two years, so when we got married I was 21 and she was 23. She took advantage of my youth. :-b

She is actually younger than me by about half a year. I was VERY wild from Junior high through Sophmore year in College when i met her. Actually turned my life around, don't want to bore people, but got me back on track i was a bad kid. Mine actually stuck through a lot of crap from me, don't know why and helped me to where i am now and helped me get back to some things i forgot. OK everyone can make fun of me now
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:33 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Best Sports Moment: 1996, 2006 Gators NC

What about the '95 season and that bowl game? That was pretty fun huh? :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:39 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Reminds me of this NC game, but opposite effect on UF. 95, Spurrier had them believing they were the best and they got worked. We did get it in 96 afet kicking Free Shoes Universities A$%, in fact i have the football, and i will be buying the one from this year. I already framed the paper with Leak on it and i have the one with Danny framed. ;-D :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:03 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Reminds me of this NC game, but opposite effect on UF. 95, Spurrier had them believing they were the best and they got worked. We did get it in 96 afet kicking Free Shoes Universities A$%, in fact i have the football, and i will be buying the one from this year. I already framed the paper with Leak on it and i have the one with Danny framed. ;-D :-D

Funny you say that. I have a picture titled "Calm Before The Storm" of the '96 Fiesta Bowl. Shows a certain Tommie Frazier run. And it's signed by him too. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Re: Great Idea

Postby joejlitz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 am

Bravos of Steel wrote:I admired lmcjaho's idea of using his 1000th post for letting us all know a little more about him, and I think I'd like to get a thread started so we can relate to each other, and if it's ok, I'd like to use the same stuff he did to get to know each other. I'll start off with mine:

Real Name Matt
Age 17
Status Single
offspring none

Pets none
Place of Residence Erie, PA, but born in Pittsburgh PA.
Occupation in school, 11th grade to be specific

unattainable dream job Major league baseball player, how sweet would that be

much more attainable dream job - Sports medicine doctor
Places I want to visit before i'm old Florida, Hawaii, Bahamas, anywhere warm...yea i'm a beach baby
Hobbies and Interests Summer - Baseball, watchin TV, golf, trampoline
Winter - Basketball, playin poker, playin outside, and good stuff like that
Best sports moment Starting 1st base 2 years ago as a freshman in a district playoff game for the varsity baseball team
Worst sports moment starting power forward for my varsity basketball team as a sophomore, against a massive rival, then missing the last shot to win the game

How I ended up here - Browsing the CBS Sportsline Message Board during fantasy baseball season, and I caught a glimpse of a guy saying he was a huge fan of fantasyfootballcafe.com, there were tons of great minds here, and i decided to check it out. Sure enough, I haven't turned back since, and I don't get any advice from anywhere else but here!
Favorite Cafe Feature The mixture of outstanding fantasy football insight, and the group of people who make it all happen. There is no doubt in my mind that everyone here is a devoted fan to fantasy football and it's refreshing to know that someone else shares the same obsession I do.
Cafe Pet Peeve How some people just type in a simple letter or word just to simply up their post count. Sure it's nice to have a lot of posts, and you'll be respected more for that, but I assure you that a person with 100 posts, all full of great insight and put in very thoughtfully will have more respect than someone with 1000 posts who all have a simple "Absolutely!" or "go for it".

There ya have it! I like this idea, and hope to get a lot of other people to do it!

Why not relive the past?
Real Name Joe
Age 35 and feeling every bit of it, though I am starting flag football season tomorrow.
Status Married to a stunning beauty! B-)
offspring 2 boys

Pets None, but I want to get a dog for my kids.
Place of Residence G-14 classified as my avatar says. B-) Actually, I'm stationed at Fort Bragg, NC
Occupation Army Major; Company Commander of a Civil Affairs Unit; Bravo Company, 98h Civil Affairs Battalion (Airborne)

unattainable dream job OLB for the Eagles

much more attainable dream job Run my own SCUBA dive shop and teach people how to dive somewhere in the Caribbean
Places I want to visit before i'm old Macchu Picchu; Alaskan Cruise
Hobbies and Interests Spending time with my family; SCUBA; sports; Watching the NFL definitely tops the list.
Best sports moment Playing in Philadelphia's City All-Star game (football)
Worst sports moment getting gassed during the Valley Forge wrestling tournament and losing to a guy I had beat. Winning would have put me in the finals.

How I ended up here - I googled it, looking for advice on my lineup 2 years ago.

Favorite Cafe Feature The maturity of the people who post here. No cussing, no immature rants. There are always a few interesting and emotional debates, but for the most part the site provides some awesome advice and insight.
Cafe Pet Peeve scottaa1 and Met. %-6

:-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:32 pm

I was just browsing through this thread and it's interesting to see that a number of the guys who posted here are finally old enough to buy some booze in the States. :-b

Real Name - Ray
Nickname - Too many to list, but the coolest one was Rainman. Not that I suffered from savant syndrome, it was just that I was the kid who knew too much when I was small and it just stuck. Plus, the name sounds pretty bloody awesome. My father sometimes calls me "The Bandit", for reasons I don't know (maybe I was a kleptomaniac in a past life), and my co-workers think of me as Captain Blood. :-b
Age - 27
Status - Dating an amazing woman.... Yeah, right, I'm too cool for relationships. Single. However, with my mother passing away recently and people's relentless nagging, maybe I should think about a relationship, and *gulp* the M-word for the foreseeable future.
Offspring - None, at least I hope there aren't little Dodgers running around this world
Pets - None, don't like animals
Place of Residence - Los Angeles, CA (soon to be Bay Area, maybe)
Occupation - Web developer/software programmer, entrepreneur
Unattainable dream job - Roy Keane
Much more attainable dream job - Living the dream
Places I want to visit before i'm old - The world basically. Those of you who know me, know that I love Europe. I've never been to Asia but will go someday very soon. In particular, I want to see China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, India, and Thailand. I also find the Pacific islands fascinating, in particular, Tahiti and the Cook Islands. One of my relatives has recently moved to Australia, which now makes Australia (and New Zealand too) a must-visit. Lastly, I have a rising interest to see the Middle East, the United Arab Emirates in particular for Dubai and Abu Dhabi alone, and it would be nice to see The Holy Land. Caribbean and South America too. Think I'll cover all the bases by the time I'm 40; I'm just made out to be a wanderer, to an extent. :-b
Hobbies and Interests - Entrepreneurship, business, programming, web design, sports (especially soccer, basketball, and erm....baseball), "pro wrestling", sports cars, martial arts, video games, heavy metal, reading, drawing, writing, traveling, beer, pub hopping, chess, poker
Best sports moment - Beating a future international master at a game of pickup chess (I wish it was a rated one - what? chess doesn't count as a sport? Yet poker counts as one? Bah!)
Worst sports moment - At a karate match when I was 9, my opponent kicked me in the groin area and left a nasty bruise. I'm glad it was barely above the family jewels. That sure did hurt nonetheless. That guy was also a twit, needless to say.
How I ended up here - Through the Darkside. B-)
Favorite Cafe Feature - I have just a passing interest in NFL and NCAA FB and so on this side, I just come across the GT
Cafe Pet Peeve - Don't have one, I'm hard to offend...unless every other post you make has the word "amazing" in it. ;-7
Little Known Fact - I'm the Antichrist and I can prove it by my birthday and time. I was born 9/6/82. Flip the 9 to a 6, subtract 8-2 and you get 666. I was born 10:21 am. Separate the 10 and 21 and add the digits and you get the 13. }:-) Otherwise, when I was 17, I used to race my Nova in street races for money.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:30 pm

I'll hop on...

Real Name - Allan

Nickname - Don't really have one...

Age - 18

Status - Dating a female.

Offspring - None.

Pets - 2 Dogs (black lab and a basset hound)

Place of Residence - Oxford, OH (Home of Miami University)

Occupation - About to sign with a Junior Hockey team

Unattainable dream job - My dream job is still attainable.

Much more attainable dream job - Pro Hockey player

Places I want to visit before i'm old - Anywhere that is a good time, nothing in mind I'm always content with where I am.

Hobbies and Interests - I play Ice hockey, enjoy pro football, beach volleyball, water skiing, being with friends...and a little too much partying (forgive me, I grew up in a college town!)

Best sports moment - I've participated in the USA National Tournament for hockey (top 12 teams in the country at each age).

Worst sports moment - Was in the biggest amatuer tournament in the world (all sports) and lost in the final game in our class. We were huge underdogs going in, we played a US girls all-star team at one point in the tournament and they had a special on ESPN's Timeless that year that showed us beating them.

How I ended up here - No freaking clue.

Favorite Cafe Feature - Always something new to talk about and someone new to talk about it with. Plus you can get basically any question in the world regardless of subject answered here if you try hard enough.

Cafe Pet Peeve - FSM, some of the arguments that just repeat the same things over and over.

Little Known Fact - I'm going to sign with a Junior team this week and move away from home. Which means in the next 10 days my activity here will plummet I'm thinking since I don't own a laptop.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Wow, so a thread I inspired has come back from the dead 4 years later? Cool... ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Oh, and since my original post was so long ago that some of you might have missed it, here's the updated version:

Real name - Jason
Age - 33 in December
Status - Married (7 years)
Offspring - No kids, no plans to have 'em either.
Pets - 2 Rottweilers
Place of residence - a little town called Chateauguay, a suburb of Montreal (that's in Canada for those who don't know)
Place of Employment - Will be starting a new job this week, manager for a bar called Bar Chez Mel's - my dad and little brother bought the place in June and I will be taking over running it as my bro is too busy with his day job and my dad just wants to drink and be the not-so-silent partner. I also tend the bar on weekends and whenever one of the regulars is sick or just wants a shift off.
Unattainable Dream Job - Professional golfer
Much-more-attainable Dream Job - Owning my own pool hall or golf course - would settle for a driving range in a location where such a thing is economically viable
Places I want to visit before I'm old - Australia, Hawaii, St. Andrews Scotland
Hobbies and interests -
Summer - Golf
Winter - pool, bowling, darts, poker, and of course football
Best sports moment - June 8 1999, 150-yard par 3 at Ormstown Golf Course, drained my first (and so far only) hole in one
Worst sports moment - Sept of 2001, dislocated and hyper-extended my left knee in a touch football game, damage done should probably have resulted in surgery but I am too lazy for proper rehab so instead I just suffer and had to give up most sports
How I ended up here - Originally came here looking for some Player Rankings and/or ADP info. Was bored here at work though so decided to delve a bit deeper into the forums and found a few guys spouting nonsense and many more refuting said nonsense with logical, valid arguments so I decided to stick around. Wasn't much else to do here in my downtime so after a few days of eavesdropping on different conversations I decided to get my feet wet and they haven't been dry since!
Favorite Cafe feature - the depth and breadth of the knowledgable posters here, and the effort that many of them (CB Maxwell, Free Bagel, Plindsey, maddog just to name a few) put into expressing those thoughts in a clear coherent manner. Also the humor and wit of some of the guys (awwchrist - even as a 'keets fan) and the smart-ass quips that they make.
Cafe Pet Peeve - posters who think a one word post like "Agreed!" is worth the time it takes to type it or my time to read it. People who can't be bothered to attempt to use punctuation and proper spelling. Posters who think they are the second coming of Christ and we all need to bow down before their infinite fantasy wisdom. Fortunately there are not all that many of these people here and the positives far outweigh the negatives!
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk