TE Help ---Dire Straights approaching!--- - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TE Help ---Dire Straights approaching!---

Moderator: Football Moderators

TE Help ---Dire Straights approaching!---

Postby Nubie2002 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:18 pm

I have Bubba Franks and Chad Lewis. We play 1 TE per week.

Since Bubba may be out on Sun with a bum knee it looks like I might have to use Lewis in my lineup.

Chad's health and productivity seems to be in question. My waiver wire shows Todd Heap as a Free agent but not sure that picking him up and dropping Lewis is a good idea. 1 game don't mean squat...but he looked good on Mon. With little offensive prowess in WR maybe Heap will be their goto guy??
Question:
Any thoughts or advice on wether this add/drop might be wise?? or perhaps someone would care to offer up names of a potential diamond in the rough for TE??
Nubie2002

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:21 pm

I'm in the exact same boat - I have the same 2 TE's but the only difference is that Heap isn't available in my league - pick him up before someone else does and drop Franks, he might be out for a while (but whenever Heap starts rolling you won't even notice he was gone)

Postby Dealer » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:21 pm

Your point is made that Lewis has not been producing much this year. It might be the diamonfd in the rough your looking for. Bubba will recover and you will always be able to activate him so I don't see much harm in giving it a try... ;-D
Dealer

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:31 pm

your diamond in the rough IS heap. i'll admit i'm biased because i have him on my roster, but he is for real. he caught 5 passes in the first week, maybe 3 or 4 in week 2 and you saw what he did last night. yeah, you cant expect games like that consistently, but he gets a ton of looks from redman, he's atheletic and he can make the big catch. also, the baltimore wr corp is hovering around decent, but they're not spectactular. this combination gives you the possibility for big games like on monday night. and even if he doesnt produce monster numbers, like i said, he gets a lot of chances at the ball, which is exactly what u want out of your fantasy guys. grab him.

Return to Football Talk