Charles Rogers is the REAL DEAL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Charles Rogers is the REAL DEAL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Charles Rogers is the REAL DEAL

Postby ronin » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:54 pm

My god, can this get any worse.

With my recievers, I got Owens, Ward, R. Smith, Rogers, and McCardell and I start 3 so Rogers is odd man out and he is lighting up the cards so far.

Brady my starting qb has negative points.

Faulk won't even get touches in the second half because of the washed up ex-arena QB named Warner!
ronin

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Go Jackets » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:11 pm

Yes. It could get worse. Your team could keep this up all season.
I wish my Fantasy Baseball Cafe posts counted toward my Status!!!
Go Jackets
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jebatzel » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:09 pm

So what is Roger's Trade value?

JB
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GR1M3Y » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:02 pm

i wouldnt put much emphasis on this game, they were playing the Arizona Cardinals. :-t , but if u can trade him for good value do it!!!
GR1M3Y
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

sweat

Postby Ajax, son of Telamon » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:11 pm

Don't sweat it. Would you rather have Rogers playing for another team? Week one is never a given. If you really think Rogers is the real deal, he'll pay during the end of the season. Week one can never be completely predicted. You win some and lose some. Capitalize.
Ajax, son of Telamon
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:18 pm

Keep in mind Rogers only had 4 catches the entire game. It was certainly an impressive outing with the TDs, but I'd try not to get too excited yet. Harrington seems to favor him in the red zone though, and Harrington will be a stud (if he's not technically in that category yet). If you're OK at other positions I wouldn't trade Rogers yet, he might have a big rookie year like Randy Moss did. I can think of far worse fantasy scenarios than having Joey Harrington's favorite red zone target.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby tomkatt » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:08 pm

I like Rogers a lot. I see him being a bit inconsistent, but will have some very good games too. He is very athletic. I got laughed at big time for taking Chad Johnson in the 4th round and Charles Rogers in the 6th round of our draft. My league mates probably weren't laughing today however.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:30 pm

I agree with a couple of points already made...

1) They were playing the Cardinals!! The Cardinals people. I'm not sure they will win a game all year.

2) It was the 1st game. I'll admit that it was a heck of a good way to start the year (and career) but not every game will be like that for him.

3) Let's just see how he does the next few weeks before we start calling him the "real deal". If we were just judging after week 1 Anquan Boldin should've been the #1 pick in the draft.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby anth » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:26 pm

38 yds against the Cardinals. I say we just induct him into the hall of fame now
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby sikoskul » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:38 pm

Rookie WRs always tend to follow a pattern. They start off pretty well, but they'll hit a wall somewhere in the season and their numbers generally start to drop. Moss was the only rookie WR in recent memory to gain more than 1000 yards in his initial campaign, and he was special. Trade Rogers either this week or the next while his value is overly high and pick him up next year, that's when he'll pay off.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk