who the hell is Boldin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

who the hell is Boldin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bolden

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:12 pm

Bolden did run a 4.7 at the College Combine. He was a little hurt though and did better at his Florida State Pro Day, running a 4.5 40. Jeff Blake is a decent QB. If that big o-line can protect him he might do ok. Even if Bolden just did half of that production he would be great. I'm not going to jump the gun on him b/c I don't have the room on my roster. But if I had a bum WR on my roster that I could drop, I would be more than willing to give Bolden a shot. Good Luck Guys. OMT - Cards do have the easiest schedule in the NFL.... if that matters.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bolden

Postby tjhksig » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:31 am

NFLknowitall wrote: OMT - Cards do have the easiest schedule in the NFL.... if that matters.

Yes, and many of those games are against shoddy pass defenses. And many of those teams have great offense, meaning the Cards will likely be down most of the time (since their D sucks), and Blake will have to sling it around. Plus, Blake tends to lock onto a reciever, like he did w/ Taylor last year, and it showed yesterday. Boldin had 15 (FIFTEEN) balls thrown his way. That's crazy. I don't care who you play, 10/215/2 in a game is impressive. No, he's not gonna go off for 100/1500/15, but he could be a good 3rd WR for people. He is currently my 5th WR in any league I have him, so what's there to lose?
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Orange and Blue » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:09 am

My thought is drop all of those supposed "sleeper" WRs off of your roster and pick him up with one of those slots. Kiss Lelie, Reed, and co. goodbye.

By the way, you might want to look and see if you can get Javon Walker off waivers, since he's now Favre's #1 target by default. I think both he and Chris Chambers will do better than Boldin, but Boldin has a lot of upside and is a decent #3.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk