Michael Clayton is KILLING ME! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Clayton is KILLING ME!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Clayton is KILLING ME!

Postby suikodan » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:04 pm

With Joe Horn down my WR core took a hit but man. Should I just give up on him? Does Griese ever give him looks or what?
suikodan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:06 pm

I've got him too, but luckily I've got some major depth at WR right now.

Actually, not "luckily," but through planning and trading. Unfortunately, I'm thin at QB.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:07 pm

I don't think you should totally be freaking out just yet. There's still 12 games left in the year for him to produce and it's bound to happen. Once they start to roll coverage over to Galloway things will open up for Clayton. Plus, Clayton had the most looks in the first 3 weeks from Griese than anyone else on the team. I just think he's production this week had to deal with Dre Bly blanketing him.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby stoner420 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:33 pm

i gave him his last chance to show me something this week because chambers and mushin had byes... now he'll be chillin on my bench till he can get his act together
stoner420
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby s0meguy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:39 pm

I'm actually really pissed at the gurus regarding Clayton. Everyone had him ranked way, way above Galloway and I didn't really look into it that much but when I needed a third WR I thought Clayton would be a pretty good pick. After week 1 I checked the depth chart and saw he was #2 and felt like I got taken.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby suikodan » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:20 pm

For the past two weeks the "guru's" have been saying Clayton will break out "this" game. I really need an upgrade to my reciever corps. My backs carry me every week. but when I just need solid play from my recievers. I get nada. Hopefully Driver will hook a brother up with 100 yards and 2 TD's
suikodan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Guru » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:58 am

s0meguy wrote:I'm actually really pissed at the gurus regarding Clayton. Everyone had him ranked way, way above Galloway and I didn't really look into it that much but when I needed a third WR I thought Clayton would be a pretty good pick. After week 1 I checked the depth chart and saw he was #2 and felt like I got taken.

s0meguy wrote:I'm actually really pissed at the gurus regarding Clayton. Everyone had him ranked way, way above Galloway and I didn't really look into it that much but when I needed a third WR I thought Clayton would be a pretty good pick. After week 1 I checked the depth chart and saw he was #2 and felt like I got taken.

Not this Guru ;-D

Been down on him all year and will continue to. Glad to see others in fantasy land are seeing the light on Mr. Clayton
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Heavyg25 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:25 pm

The Guru wrote:

Not this Guru ;-D

Been down on him all year and will continue to. Glad to see others in fantasy land are seeing the light on Mr. Clayton

Actually he had a bruised sholder this week so he didn't get much action. Can only hope he will be better next week.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:29 pm

And no one in their right mind would've expected Galloway to be as good as he's been so far. To expect that would've been like expecting that people could've easily figured out that Mussin Muhammed would finish top 5 at WR last year. No one saw that coming, and rightfully so, he had a career year in his 10th year. Galloway is similarly a vet, who's having a career year.

Secondly, just about everyone here said, that expectations on Clayton should be tempered, as he would be hard pressed to repeat his rookie performance. That's why many people didn't want to take him until they already had a #1 fantasy WR.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:43 pm

Maybe Clayton is turning out to be this years Santana Moss 8-o :-o
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk