Brandon Lloyd... the next big thing - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Lloyd... the next big thing

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

This argument that Battle is better than Lloyd is wearing thin.

Lloyd has outsocred Battle 3 of 4 weeks so far and, during Week 2 where Battle scored more, Battle caught 4 balls for 44 yards.

So don't argue that Battle is better because he consistently catches more balls than Lloyd, or gets more looks than Lloyd.

Darrell Jackson, David Givens, ad Deion Branch have all gotten more looks than Randy Moss so far.

"looks"=been targetted by passes
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:30 am

Wesley Walker wrote:This argument that Battle is better than Lloyd is wearing thin.

Lloyd has outsocred Battle 3 of 4 weeks so far and, during Week 2 where Battle scored more, Battle caught 4 balls for 44 yards.

So don't argue that Battle is better because he consistently catches more balls than Lloyd, or gets more looks than Lloyd.

Darrell Jackson, David Givens, ad Deion Branch have all gotten more looks than Randy Moss so far.

"looks"=been targetted by passes

I agree with this totally. Think of all the people who've read all the hype here about Battle and have ditched Lloyd in the process. The bottom line in fantasy football is point production. Lloyd has done it, Battle has not. As long as Rattay is still QB, expect Lloyd to continue being a viable No. 3 WR -- especially in weeks where the team will be airing it out a lot -- like against Indy next week.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby giants! » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:34 pm

Everybody on this forum knows i pimped lloyd like craz and he is making me look like gold right now
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:35 pm

giants! wrote:Everybody on this forum knows i pimped lloyd like craz and he is making me look like gold right now

Gold? I don't know about that.

In terms of precious metals, I'd rate you as impure, recycled copper.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stoner420 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:43 pm

where do u guys see lloyd compared to chambers or mushin
stoner420
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:46 pm

stoner420 wrote:where do u guys see lloyd compared to chambers or mushin

well below them in terms of ranking.

Ask any SF fan that watches their games its almost a unanimous chorus: Battle is the primary target. Lloyd cannot continue this pace.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Fool42 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:44 pm

The SF fans around here are most likely wrong. Homers that have a preference for Battle over Lloyd that turns into hype but doesn't equal truth. See many Bears receivers of the past few years for examples. Wade, Gage ect... a new one every year.
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dabearsaregreat » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:26 pm

Keep on hating Lloyd. He's the number 1 in San Fran.
dabearsaregreat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:47 pm

Fool42 wrote:The SF fans around here are most likely wrong. Homers that have a preference for Battle over Lloyd that turns into hype but doesn't equal truth. See many Bears receivers of the past few years for examples. Wade, Gage ect... a new one every year.

So the FACT that Battle has averaged more targets than Lloyd prior to this week is probably a lie too, right? :-?

Listen to the people closest to the situation - they are usually correct.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mudd » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:51 pm

Lloyd will have the occasional big play, and the guy has about the most amazing pair of hands I've seen, but the fact remains that Battle plays the position in the WCO that Rice did, and Lloyd plays the position Taylor did. Battle has two less receptions than Lloyd thus far, and has played one less game.

Lloyd may turn out have more fantasy points b/c of touchdowns, but Battle will certainly get more "looks", which gives you more opprotunities for points.

If Rattay keeps playing like he is, it's not too likely he makes it past the 9ers bye (I actually HOPE he plays against Indy and then let Smith take over). And I, for one, would not want to rely on the arm of a rookie for my fantasy team.

my .02 cents
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk