M. Bennett trade talks looking more serious - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

M. Bennett trade talks looking more serious

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:07 pm

I doubt it, I thought he would be a serious sleeper but he has not gotten his shot yet. It looks like Moore will probably be the starter for most of the season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:09 pm

Whether the Cardinals give JJ Arrington a chance to win back the starting job, they're still very much in their division race, and if nothing else, Bennett gives them better depth at RB for a meager 6th round draft pick. Its almost no risk for a player who may or may not spark that offense into a division title (not that they're favorites, but that division is still anyone's).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:27 pm

maddog60 wrote:Whether the Cardinals give JJ Arrington a chance to win back the starting job, they're still very much in their division race, and if nothing else, Bennett gives them better depth at RB for a meager 6th round draft pick. Its almost no risk for a player who may or may not spark that offense into a division title (not that they're favorites, but that division is still anyone's).

good point, for a sixth round pick I would take a shot on a guy that was a first round pick!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Bmonkey » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:14 am

does anybody have any more truth to this bennett trade... or is it just a rumor around the cafe??? enough discussing whether Arrington deserves another chance, is Bennett worth a roster spot before evidence comes out of this news/rumor???
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Vixtor » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:46 am

Tomlinson might have some difficulty behind the Cardinal line less yet Michael Bennett. Even if this trade happens his value remains the same - none. Not worth a roster spot, period.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:24 am

I think it's just a rumor. I live in Phoenix (well, Mesa) and there hasn't been word one about it. To the contrary, I heard on the Radio today that the Cards weren't interested in Bennett. I know I sure don't see how Bennett is any kind of upgrade over Shipp. (It's like replacing a turd with a faster turd. End of the day you still have s**t.)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Ricky_Christ » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:36 am

Vixtor wrote:Tomlinson might have some difficulty behind the Cardinal line less yet Michael Bennett. Even if this trade happens his value remains the same - none. Not worth a roster spot, period.

Gasp! Bite your tongue! LT2 could run behind my grandma's sewing circle.

I will agree that Bennett is not a great talent...if this trade does happen I think the most pertinent thing to look at (from a Fantasy perspective) is Moore's bump up to a solid #3 RB.

I wouldn't pick up Bennett unless I was very desperate for some RB depth.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk