Am I just stupid? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I just stupid?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I just stupid?

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:20 pm

OK, this is my first year using Yahoo!. I tried to pick up Anquan Boldin, after his game was over, and I tried to drop Itula Mili, who had already played too. It gave me an error, and said I couldn't drop a player who had already played. Is this how Yahoo! works, or am I doing something wrong? And, if this IS how it works, why not drop someone who is expendable and pick up a crappy guy who is playing the late game or the Monday game, so you can drop the late guy and pick up someone who blew up, at least for the first few weeks? This seems way too complicated to me, and I don't understand what Yahoo! is trying to do with the rule. Yahoo! veterans, please hook me up.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperCafone » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:11 pm

I am not in yahoo, but usually you cant get a player that just played right away because he has to go to waivers, and you will own him on wednesday morning if you have a good waiver order rank. Anyhow check your league rules.
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jeru » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:36 pm

Once you have put a player in your active lineup, and he has played his game for the week, you can't drop him until after all the games have been played (Tues morning). However, you can drop a player that was on your bench; so if there's someone else you had benched to day and want to drop for Boldin, it should work.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Chopper » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:37 pm

My first Yahoo league, too.
I tried to pick him up on two different teams that had Ferguson, who appears to be down hard.
-- On the first, I'd had Ferg on bench and the move went through.
--- On the second team, I'd started Ferguson and Yahoo wouldn't let me do it. It appears that I couldn't move a player who'd been counting against my week's score before the week's scoring is complete. Maybe.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:36 pm

OK that makes sense. Pretty silly though, if you ask me. Between this and craptracker not working for me all day I'm not real pleased with Yahoo! to this point. Luckily our league bought it all at once, so it only cost us like 8 bucks. Of course now I would have rather taken the 8 bucks and got a big bag full of pennies and continuously railed myself in the head with them. That could just be because I'm getting my posterior handed to me in my game though, and now Jerry Porter isn't even playing (who needs an abdomen anyway). Good decision leaving Charlie Rogers on the bench genius. Anyway, thanks for the info guys. Oh yeah, and to the guy who posted that I have to wait until the waivers clear, he was a free agent. Your league is more screwed up than mine if you have to wait until waivers clear on a regular free agent.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk