Eli and Plax? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eli and Plax?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eli and Plax?

Postby InStere0 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:44 pm

I had Plax on my bench this past week cause I thought he was gonna have a not-so-spectacular day. But no, he had a monster day. Do you guys think that he will be Eli's go to guy for the rest of the season?
InStere0 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:47 pm

There isnt a reason not to believe so, he looks like he has tremendous confidence in Plaxico, so yeah why not.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Eli and Plax?

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:47 pm

InStere0 wrote:I had Plax on my bench this past week cause I thought he was gonna have a not-so-spectacular day. But no, he had a monster day. Do you guys think that he will be Eli's go to guy for the rest of the season?

He's been Eli's #1 for a while now...I believe Shockey is #2, then Toomer...I heard it on ESPN radio or something last week. What amazes me is not Eli's ability to throw, but Plax's ability to come down with the ball with 2 or 3 defenders around him. Looks like all he needed was someone to throw to him...definitely wasn't going to happen in PIT.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:48 pm

He's slowly overtaking Shockey as Eli favorite target. As he continues to progress both Plax and Shockey will gradually increase in their stats. If you're not starting Plaxico every week at this point you had better be fielding TO, CJ, and Harrison or the like.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:48 pm

I think Plax will be huge.

Young QBs generally don't spread the ball as much as veteran QBs. They fall into a comfort zone with 1 WR and try to force it a lot. It's great for the WR's owners.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby giants! » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:22 pm

Yes, defenses have decided to zone in on shockey which means that plax could be stuck in single coverage. Boldly, I say he finishes 85,1100,10
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:17 pm

Boldly? The guy is a top10 WR... this was before last week.

5/76/1
5/64/0
5/52/1
10/204/2

If you didn't start him in week 4, didn't watch the first 3 games. It's the freaking St. Louis Ram's!

---

He's getting a ton of targets every week, he converts enough catches to be a 90-100 catch WR.. and he's getting massive looks in the endzone. This guy could easily go 1300/10, easy. He's the #1 WR in a very potent NY Giants offense. Good chance to to be a top5 WR.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Teh Jury » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:21 pm

giants! wrote:Yes, defenses have decided to zone in on shockey which means that plax could be stuck in single coverage. Boldly, I say he finishes 85,1100,10

I think the yards are the variable for Plax - he'll get his 10 endzone dances ;-D
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no2leads » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:31 pm

i am a diehard Giant homer and i can tell you this offense is no fluke. of course Eli won't do this well every week but there are enough playmakers here that defenses cannot concentrate on one or two guys.
the biggest change is the OLine which has been amazing in protecting Eli. Shockey is seeing single man coverage because of Plaxico, Tiki is still Tiki, Toomer is over the hill but vs 2nd tier CBs can make some plays, and Jacobs keeps the drives going. Throw in the fact that their secondary is goign to give up pts means the offense should be throwing. Not to mention even when they are leading they are not a power run, control the clock driving team, they will throw regardless.
i don't even own any Giants but as a diehard this is fun!
no2leads
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:39 pm

no2leads wrote:i am a diehard Giant homer and i can tell you this offense is no fluke. of course Eli won't do this well every week but there are enough playmakers here that defenses cannot concentrate on one or two guys.
the biggest change is the OLine which has been amazing in protecting Eli. Shockey is seeing single man coverage because of Plaxico, Tiki is still Tiki, Toomer is over the hill but vs 2nd tier CBs can make some plays, and Jacobs keeps the drives going. Throw in the fact that their secondary is goign to give up pts means the offense should be throwing. Not to mention even when they are leading they are not a power run, control the clock driving team, they will throw regardless.
i don't even own any Giants but as a diehard this is fun!

I think you hit on a ton of great points. As much as it pains me to praise a division rival, the Giants took this off-season and completely revamped their offense. They've got great players for nearly every sitution, save maybe trips or quad WRs. But even then, they've got a ton of young prospects behind Toomer ready to step up.

If they can do half as much of an improvement to their defense in the next off-season they become a very serious superbowl contender, but right now, I think the offense is pretty much set for years to come, the defense needs to come around now.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk