BEST Defenses - week 5.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BEST Defenses - week 5....

Moderator: Football Moderators

BEST Defenses - week 5....

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:18 pm

For those of you looking to get an early jump on the competition, the defense article for week 5 is up and running in the Point of View section....

Click Here...

;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stoner420 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:46 pm

nice work, yet again.

ps, i love having the indy d!
stoner420
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:42 pm

P,

I know you answer a ton of questions btu do you think the Chicago against a shady offense in Clevland is a good play this week as well. I can pick up Tenn., but I was just wondering if a fresh Chicago defense coming off a bye week can put Dilfer in a Sunday of hell.
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:46 pm

Please do not ask waiver questions in this thread. This is only to alert people that the defense article is now posted in the Point of View section. Since this is only the second week of this article, it was probably good to let people know that is where it is.

I would hazard to guess that in forthcoming weeks, this Leftovers thread will not be necessary as people will learn to look in the Point of View section to find the best matchups and to find the thread in the Waiver forum with the formula results and waiver pickup help. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:48 pm

my apologies MB
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Is there going to be a thread with the all the weekly formula results somewhere?

It would be nice to see the results in their entirety and have a discussion. I thought the thread in the Leftovers was always a great place to talk weekly defensive matchups and you could compare them to formula results.

Good work as always Plindsey, you the man.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:52 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Is there going to be a thread with the all the weekly foruma results somewhere? It would be nice to see the results in their entirety. I thought the thread in the Leftovers was always a great place to talk weekly defensive matchups and you could compare them to formula results.

Yes. The formula results will be in the thread that will be made in the Waiver forum. There was one there last week, and it is stickied so that it doesn't move from the top. That is where you can discuss who you think is a better start for your teams since you'll probably be working the wire to pick up those defenses anyway.

Most of the responses to the thread were waiver or who to start questions anyway...those don't belong in here.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Teh Jury » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:18 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Please do not ask waiver questions in this thread. This is only to alert people that the defense article is now posted in the Point of View section. Since this is only the second week of this article, it was probably good to let people know that is where it is.

I would hazard to guess that in forthcoming weeks, this Leftovers thread will not be necessary as people will learn to look in the Point of View section to find the best matchups and to find the thread in the Waiver forum with the formula results and waiver pickup help. :-)

The Leftovers thread will always be necessary! It's where football junkies collborate to discuss everything football, and often not fantasy related!
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:25 am

Teh Jury wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Please do not ask waiver questions in this thread. This is only to alert people that the defense article is now posted in the Point of View section. Since this is only the second week of this article, it was probably good to let people know that is where it is.

The Leftovers thread will always be necessary! It's where football junkies collborate to discuss everything football, and often not fantasy related!

No; it won't be necessary as long as people realize that the defensive pickups thread now resides in the Draft/Waiver forum and the Point of View section. Just go there each Tuesday, and you'll find what you're looking for. There should be no need for people to lead you there.

Why else would we have moved it there if we didn't want an extra thread in here? :-? The thread was filling up with "should I pickup X or Y defense," and those type of questions do not belong here.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby muhilla » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:55 pm

Teh Jury and Mercer Boy. You dogs are chewing on different sticks. The leftovers FORUM is not going anywere. The defense thread is fine in the waiver wire forum since we will be picking D's from there most of the time.
muhilla
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk