C Mart? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C Mart?

Moderator: Football Moderators

C Mart?

Postby InStere0 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:29 pm

Is Curtis Martin worth keeping around? The reason I ask is because the guy has 226 rushing yards and no scores and it seems like the Jet's situation is not bound to improve. I also noticed that Vick has more rushing yards and scores than Martin and Vick is a freaking QB!! What is your opinion?
InStere0 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby giants! » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:31 pm

Hell get his carries but he still needcs a qb to make only 7 on d
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:33 pm

You can't drop him right now, and you will get next to nothing for him in a trade.

Your best bet is to hope that Vinny can revive that offense. Just keep CMart on the bench, and you may be rewarded down the line.
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benjapage » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:37 pm

my opinion, since you ask, is that if they get vinny in there, it will dramatically improve his chances. defenses know and respect that vinny can get the ball into a playmaker's hands. there won't be as much "daring the qb."

tho' cmart will presumably have another tough match-up this week against tampa, he does have some potentially nice games approaching: bills, chargers, saints, and raiders. two games against the patriots don't look half as challenging with harrison out of the picture.

i also expect herm to adjust his game plan, putting martin out on some screens to accomodate for the congestion at the line. squelching the urge to expunge cmart--at least until he has a couple good games under his belt--might be the smartest thing you do all season.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:14 pm

I said Curtis Martin's numbers would decrease dramatically this year, and everyone laughed at me. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy.. it was just bound to happen.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Keyser_WV » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:36 pm

Nilmerf wrote:I said Curtis Martin's numbers would decrease dramatically this year, and everyone laughed at me. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy.. it was just bound to happen.

Just wondering if you said the same thing about Tiki?

I know alot of people did.

I think C-Mart's demise is caused by his team more than his age/talent.

That being said, I don't see C-Mart rebounding even with Vinny at the helm.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:07 pm

Things are not looking good for Martin, his schedule is brutal for the rest of the year. Martin's dinged up, the QB position is very weak in NYJ, and the O-line is not playing well.. If week4 is any indication, this season is going down the tubes quickly.

If you can, I would trade C-Mart now while he holds any value at all. He's getting 20+ carries a game, but the o-line is not playing well in the redzone, limiting his TD opportunities. And the offense in general is not really moving the ball. I'm really only see 2 easy matchups the rest of the year against NO in week 12, and Oakland in week 14.

Don't get me wrong, Martin still has SOME value (1,000 yards are in the bank, good chance at 300 carries as well), but I don't think Martin is going to crack the top20 RB this season. You're better served using him as a Flex/RB#3 or strictly as a bye week/injury backup until he shows some signs of life.

Wk5 - Tampa
Wk6 - @Buffalo
Wk7 - @Atlanta
Wk8 - BYE
Wk9 - San Diego
Wk10 - @Carolina
Wk11 - @Denver
Wk12 - New Orleans
Wk13 - @New England
Wk14 - Oakland
Wk15 - @Miami
Wk16 - New England
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Charlie24 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:16 pm

even though his schedule may be brutal, you seriously cannot drop him straight up. If you can trade him then good but cutting him would not be a good idea at all... He is still the feature back, albeit on a very bad O, which means that even though TDs may be hard to come at least he'll get his yards. At the very least he should be a #3 RB
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:26 pm

i think i made a good trade in my league, i traded him for D.Driver, hes not producing, GB is throwing all the time, and i have McGahee, DUnn, Taylor, and Moore as running Backs, ...see if you can pick up a d.driver or drew bennet, someone like that.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby drsteuss » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:38 pm

I'm dying to get rid of the guy. With his bum knee he'll still try and be the warrior and go out and get his usual .00001 yards per carry. And Vinny won't help.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk