M. Faulk, what happened? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

M. Faulk, what happened?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:39 am

I couldn't agree more. I think Martz is scared of the running game. 9 carries for Faulk is heinous. AND, they weren't even out of the game until late, it's not like they needed to score 3 TDs in 5 mins. Dick Vermiel was never scared to go to Faulk. He'd run him on 3rd and 50 if he was on (and get the first down half the time). Plus, I'm with you about your get rid of Martz comment on one of the 300 or so anti-Rams posts. If you aren't able to tell something's not right with your QB, you have no business being on the sideline in ANY capacity. Warner had to go to the freaking hospital after this one. You're telling me no one could have noticed there was something seriously wrong? Especially with an established backup like Bulger. It's a horrendous situation that left Mike Martz looking like a huge jackass.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby blaster » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:59 am

faulk couldn't tie his shoes 2day.......the giants put the wood to the rams in every facet of the game....every rush marshall had was un-inspired and sad....i am hoping for a bounceback....the other back-kickreturner arylynn something??? that kid looked good.....good luck ram owners....glad i took priest instead of faulk!!@!
blaster

Friendliness: %

Faulk

Postby BadHairDay » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:15 pm

I think Faulk still has a lot of football left in him, but he's getting to an age where a lot of running backs start slowing down. I'd expect he'll still be a top quality player, but putting up heroic numbers day in and day out is a lot to ask of him, especially on a team where things aren't quite in sync yet. While there are players who have silenced their doubters by remaining productive well into their 30's, that tends to be the exception rather than the rule.

I don't think Faulk's output the rest of the year will be as low as yesterday, but I also don't think he's likely to eclipse guys like Holmes, Williams, and Portis. I do think that they could get more out of Faulk if they threw more short passes to him, much like Oakland uses Garner.
BadHairDay

Friendliness: %

Re: M. Faulk, what happened?

Postby fastanfurious725 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:11 pm

neyd wrote:I got stuck working today, didn't get a chance to watch the games. Man was I shock when I saw he only got me 8 points. Did he look bad, or was a warner to blame....?

Did anybody get a chance to watch the game. Please input.

hey howd u get 8? i only got 4....
QB: Culpepper, Hassleback
RB: McAllister, Tomlinson, Westbrook
WR: Ward, Toomer, Warrick, S. Smith, Coles
TE: B. Williams
K: Wilkins
D: KC (tons of points for return yards)
fastanfurious725
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: South Florida maaan. Really. Where in South Florida? Right near da beach! Boyee! (Ft. Lauderdale)

Previous

Return to Football Talk