Portis fans remember this??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Portis fans remember this???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:36 pm

LOL, this was probably the weakest "I told you so" ever.

That said, Portis hasnt had the year yet that Ive envisioned, but hehas played 3 pretty good defenses, all of which have been stacking the line against him. Brunell looked considerably better this past week, so if he can get it together, Portis should get osme more opportunities. At least I hope so.

BTW he should have a had a TD against the Seahawks, I was pretty sure the ball broke the plane. :-#
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:00 pm

maddog60 wrote:
DGroundhog wrote:I wouldn't be declaring an 'I told you so' when you are sitting on one rushing TD.

As a Portis owner, I have to wonder how a 3-0 team with a good defense and it's best player by far at RB can fail to produce a TD so consistently. Lesser backs have produced in that situation.

Because Portis is overrated has been since he left Denver, and that offense struggles to put up any TD, let alone enough to feed a 1st round fantasy RB.

But, in the end, I gotta side with everyone on Portis's side in saying, its way too early to start gloating. Despite my relentless arguing on the behalf of Rudi over Portis, I'm going to wait till season's end, when Rudi finishes with higher stats, then I'll claim victory, not week 4, its just too premature.

I'm only a Portis owner in 2 leagues, but he was going in the second round of all the drafts I did I think.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:18 pm

Pete123444 wrote:I'm only a Portis owner in 2 leagues, but he was going in the second round of all the drafts I did I think.

Yeah, well I reached for him in round 1 of my main $$$ league, but caught Jamal on the way back thinking I had me a steal - guess who's 1-3 now? !+) !+) :-?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:39 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:I'm only a Portis owner in 2 leagues, but he was going in the second round of all the drafts I did I think.

Yeah, well I reached for him in round 1 of my main $$$ league, but caught Jamal on the way back thinking I had me a steal - guess who's 1-3 now? !+) !+) :-?

Well, i have to say, both of those guys are not doing as well as I expected.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:40 pm

Heh, talk about being anxious. Ben couldn't even wait for 1) Rudi to have his bye week, 2) the halfway point of the season, 3) Rudi to have a better YPC than Portis, or 4) Portis begin to play the easy defenses on his schedule.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:52 pm

maddog60 wrote:Because Portis is overrated has been since he left Denver, and that offense struggles to put up any TD, let alone enough to feed a 1st round fantasy RB.

He sure as hell wouldn't be my first round pick. I got him at pick #27, but really the only other player I was considering was Javon Walker so I guess my pick could have been worse (but not much worse).

:-o
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:25 pm

And I wouldn't have argued against taking him in the 2nd as he represented good value there, but read the whole argument in the Great Debates thread if you want to know what the thread's author is referring to. Like I said, I'll wait till this plays out, and just saying I think the gloating a is a bit premature myself despite having been a big proponent of Rudi in that originally mentioned Great Debate.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:41 pm

maddog60 wrote:

And I wouldn't have argued against taking him in the 2nd as he represented good value there, but read the whole argument in the Great Debates thread if you want to know what the thread's author is referring to. Like I said, I'll wait till this plays out, and just saying I think the gloating a is a bit premature myself despite having been a big proponent of Rudi in that originally mentioned Great Debate.

Maddog, I'm way too lazy to go back and read a thread. But I take it by your response it was about taking Rudi or Portis in the first round? I might have been in that earlier thread. But I'm old and my memory aint so good.

But I agree, it's premature for either arguement.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby kevininvegas » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:07 am

Let's see how Portis does on his return to Denver. I am perplexed as to the lack of Td productio by Portis considering the amount of yds gained by him over the last year. It is all about Td's in fantasy football. Your guy can run all day. and stilll get beat by a couple of short Td's by the opposition. :~(
kevininvegas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:10 am

Same goes for all those owners startin Palmer over Mcnabb, but i'm not going to be a kid and say "told you so".....more rather, "you coulda had more points..ouch"
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk