Underperforming Backs... Who will return to form? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Underperforming Backs... Who will return to form?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Underperforming Backs... Who will return to form?

Postby The Rush » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:05 pm

Domanick Davis
Kevin Jones
Jamal Lewis
Clinton Portis

These guys are all legit first rounders. Who will return to that form, and how fast? Got any other underperforming backs, throw em in.
The Rush
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bd0493 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:07 pm

Domanick Davis and Clinton Portis.

Portis has been alright and eventually he will get into the end zone, but I don't see him as a legit 1st rounder.

Davis on the other hand is obviously going to be a huge part of the Texans offense throughout and he has a very favorable schedule upcoming- with games against Cleveland, Tennessee, and Seattle in 3 of his next 4 games.
bd0493
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:13 pm

I onyl saw DD and Jamal as legit first rounders, but a lot of people would've agreed with you pre-season about all those guys.

I'm most worried about Jamal just not having the same blocking he's had in previous years. Portis I think will continue his same production, but that's what I expected. KJ and DD are the two I'd be most optimistic about, though they are the riskiest.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Rush » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:39 pm

I like KJ and DD, but it just seems like they can stuff the line in houston cuz the blocking is terrible and they just always get to carr. KJ just needs garcia to get healthy put more pressure on the secondary. Jamal Lewis same thing, QB is just so bad but at least theyre giving him the ball unlike KJ. Portis just needs to find the endzone more often, but i think all these backs suffer from terrible qb's.
The Rush
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:43 pm

what about Ahman Green/Curtis martin two guys I would think that aren't 1st rounders, but most didn't expect to flop (yes I know there are a bunch who thought that one or both would suck)
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:46 pm

skibrett15 wrote:what about Ahman Green/Curtis martin two guys I would think that aren't 1st rounders, but most didn't expect to flop (yes I know there are a bunch who thought that one or both would suck)

Stick a fork in Curtis Martin for 2005, he's done. Ahman Green gets better if the Packer's start winning. I'd give that about a 50/50 chance...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:48 pm

I'd say DD and KJ are done for the year. Jamal and portis will only slightly get better IMO. All are going to have a dissappointing year I think.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby STEELtownUSA » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:57 pm

Jamal started to come back this week. 80 and a TD i think, much better than previous weeks at least.
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:00 pm

skibrett15 wrote:what about Ahman Green/Curtis martin two guys I would think that aren't 1st rounders, but most didn't expect to flop (yes I know there are a bunch who thought that one or both would suck)

There are reasons why they were late 2nd round picks.

Martin got over-used last year. The amount of use he got, RBs good and bad are notorious for having off years to follow, so compound that with the loss of any form of QB on the Jets, the off-season loss of McKenzie, C-Mart may have seen his last great fantasy year already.

Green, again I think the offensive line changes are hurting, but its just much more than that. His defense can't stop a JV squad long enough to let the Packers give him 10 carries before they're practically in 4th down mode on every play.

Its not what I'd like to see from either RB, but it really does set up Green to be an excellent value next year pending where he ends up. That's about the best upside I see out of this scenario.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:00 pm

Gimme Jamal any day and twice on Sundays.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk