zebras killing me! Sunday nite: Oakland vs Tenn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

zebras killing me! Sunday nite: Oakland vs Tenn

Moderator: Football Moderators

zebras killing me! Sunday nite: Oakland vs Tenn

Postby Ottawa Man » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:00 pm

In my fantasy game I have Oakland D and my opponent has Titan's Derrick Mason and Eddie George. Mason was just given a TD when there was NO CHANCE HE COULD COME DOWN IN BOUNDS!! Forced out - ya, and I am a Chinese jet pilot! My opponent is now has 1 pt on me.

PS Josh Reed STOP DROPPING BALLS! I start this guy and what a bust! Tomlinson killed me too. Only Garcia gave me shot.
Ottawa Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:14 pm

That was a crap call. Not the first in the game either. When R. Woodson had that strip early on, it looked good to me. They need to keep their whistles away for awhile. Isn't it a bummer when they call it non-reviewable when it's clearly a bad call. I see it a lot on fumbles, but that's the first one I remember on an out of bounds call. They shouldn't have booted that dude on the Titans either, he clearly didn't mean to shove the ump, he thought it was a Raider. What are you gonna do though?
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:26 pm

I think it is safe to say that this crew won't work the Superbowl!
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:30 pm

LOL at Super Bowl. Gotta quote Mark Cuban "I'm sure they're good guys, but I wouldn't trust them to manage a Dairy Queen".
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Slingblade » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:33 pm

Yeah bad calls on both sides...the refs were frickin flag happy....but in the end THE TITANS WON
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:20 am

Didn't see the play, but I'm not complaining (started Mason). I wouldn't be surprised though if it was a bad call. I know most people, especially players, will rant (at least on their sidelines and locker rooms) about bad calls, but from what I observed last season and this week I hold firm that referees have been getting constantly worse.

Let's not even get into the fines and penalties for hitting WRs too hard (its football and they have pads) that plagued last season. Let's forget for a moment about the absolute failure to function at an acceptable level that nearly resulted in a brawl during the Giant vs. 49ers playoff game. Let's just exaimine this week.

We have the disputed Mason TD, which I will let others comments stand for having not seen the play myself yet. There's also a ridiculous call I couldn't believe (especially after seeing the replay) made during the Giant/Rams game. With the score 13-23, the Giants pressed up instead their own 10 yard line, and a hit from the Rams defense pops the ball loose. A diving Ram recovers the ball (about 2 yards shy of the goal line, and the play is over. My only guess as to why the Giants kept the ball is that the refs ruled lack of possession. However, the Giants ball-carrier had enough control to run without bobbling the ball, and that why the Rams didn't challenge this game turning call is beyond me.

Maybe I'm just bitter about refs in general, as none of the examples I can think of directly involve my favorite NFL team. However, I do really think the coaches and players of the league need to do something about the general quality of officiating being done. Bring up complaint after complaint to the comissioner, and eventually he'll get the hint. Especially this hitting too hard nonsense. No player should have to be worried about losing a week's pay because he played the game the way he was supposed to.
maddog60

Friendliness: %

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:48 am

Watching that Oak/Ten game last night was brutal. Every other play there was a penalty. It got to the point where it wasn't even a fun game to watch even though the score was so close. There were a ton of bad calls too. That Mason TD was a joke. There was no way on God's green earth that he even gets one foot in let alone two. Also the Woodson strip. He clearly had it stripped...and then you hear the whistle blow...but the refs say he was down...hmmmmm. That crew needs a lot of work. I guess it really doesn't matter too much to me as the only player I had starting was Garner, and he did o.k. But I like watching good football games, and that could've been a good one had the refs not completely sucked.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk