Is this Collussion? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is this Collussion?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is this Collussion?

Postby ChyBoy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:06 pm

Their is a trade up for approval now and it seems a little shady.

Team A trades Clinton Portis and Mark Clayton to
Team B for Curtis Martin and Donte Stallworth.

The problems is not totally with this trade. There was a trade last week between the exact same teams.

Team A traded Hines Ward and PHI DEF
Team B traded Marshall Faulk, Kevin Faulk, Frank Gore and Marcus Pollard. I thought this was a very uneven trade but allowed it. Team A was 0-3 and Team B is 1-2.

Both guys are new members in the league and they know each other. This is a money league. The trades are not obviously collussion, but they are a little suspicious. Team A told me that team B told him that he was giving up a good WR to get some RB help, but then a week later he trades his best RB to get a upgrade in WR. Something just doesn't add up.

Team A Roster

Frerotte, Gus
Griese, Brian
Bell, Tatum
Duckett, T.J.
Fason, Ciatrick
Faulk, Kevin
Faulk, Marshall
Gore, Frank SFO
Portis, Clinton
Bennett, Drew
Clayton, Mark
Gaffney, Jabar
Johnson, Andre
Parker, Samie
Pollard, Marcus
Putzier, Jeb
Elam, Jason
Hanson, Jason
Falcons, Atlanta

Team B

Brooks, Aaron
Dilfer, Trent
Leftwich, Byron
Davenport, Najeh
Droughns, Reuben
Green, Ahman
Griffin, Quentin
Martin, Curtis
Zereoue, Amos
Boldin, Anquan
Chatman, Antonio
Horn, Joe NOS
Randle El, Antwaan
Stallworth, Donte'
Ward, Hines
Gates, Antonio
Kaeding, Nate
Eagles, Philadelphia
Steelers, Pittsburgh

Is there a problem with this trade in which I should not allow it.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:46 pm

First trade looks a little fishy but this new one is fine - Portis hasn't done much, neither has Martin, Stallworth is on-again-off-again and Clayton is who-knows?

The first one looks like a bad decision by Team A but from the look of his team he doesn't seem to know what he is doing so I would suspect stupidity before collusion...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:05 am

Team A trades Clinton Portis and Mark Clayton to
Team B for Curtis Martin and Donte Stallworth

pretty much ugly for ugly, let it pass.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:08 am

team A's owner seems to be afflicted with a rectum that can fit his own head. Surgery will most likely be needed.

team B suffer's the same problem, but it looks to be not as severe. Possible follow-up physical therapy required.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:11 am

I say collusion. Portis has a lot more value than Martin right now and Clayton has more potential than Stallworth. The other trade with PHI D is ridiculous. The fact that they know eachother and have done 2 trades in the past wk....something doesnt add up. I say ask for a reasonable explaination for both of the trades. However, I would let the two trades go if their explainations are understandable. Not sure if I would allow anymore trading btwn the two.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby POD1978 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:32 am

Team A sure got ripped on both trades. I'd let these first 2 trades slide just because both teams look awful. I don't see a legit #1 pick on either team. But if one more trade like this happens in favor of team B by a landslide, I would want an explanation.
POD1978
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:32 am

RocketsDWM wrote:I say collusion.

You do understand that accusing someone of collusion is accusing them of cheating right? Are you honestly prepared to accuse someone of being a cheater just because you disagree with his trade? In many parts of the world an accusation like that can get a guy's ass kicked - I'd certainly knock your teeth out the back of your head for it...

To say that Portis is that much higher than C-Mart right now is laughable (they're both looking equally crap so far), and if you throw in the Stallworth (looking better with Joey Horn injured) it is pretty even...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:52 am

lmcjaho wrote:

You do understand that accusing someone of collusion is accusing them of cheating right? Are you honestly prepared to accuse someone of being a cheater just because you disagree with his trade? In many parts of the world an accusation like that can get a guy's ass kicked - I'd certainly knock your teeth out the back of your head for it...

To say that Portis is that much higher than C-Mart right now is laughable (they're both looking equally crap so far), and if you throw in the Stallworth (looking better with Joey Horn injured) it is pretty even...

You are entitled to ur opinions, I am entitled to mine. I find it hard to believe that Team A would want to make these trades.

As well, Martin is hurt and on a terrible Jets team (he couldnt even score on the 1 yd line). Stallworth should return to normal numbers when Horn comes back.

And yes I do know that collusion = cheating. I stand by what I said.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:53 am

lmcjaho wrote:

alright. based on your reaction, i'm also accusing you of roid-rage.

christ. can't someone have an opinion without some back-alley bozo saying they'd, "knock your teeth out the back of your head"? you have to get back to class. recess is over. now, be quiet while the grown-ups talk.

i agree, generally, with the people's opinions here. these trades are suspect but not so awful that i'd disallow them. any other funny business between the two, though, and i'd drop the hammer on them.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:15 am

Matthias wrote:alright. based on your reaction, i'm also accusing you of roid-rage.

christ. can't someone have an opinion without some back-alley bozo saying they'd, "knock your teeth out the back of your head"? you have to get back to class. recess is over. now, be quiet while the grown-ups talk.

Maybe you should go back and try reading what I wrote:

If someone accused me of cheating to my face - which is essentially what Rockets is saying when he says Collusion - I would punch that person in the head. You can have whatever opinion you want but if you insult my honor to my face you better be ready to accept the consequences.

Are you going to sit there and tell me you would accept some back-alley bozo accusing you of cheating? You seem to be the one that needs to grow up - or at least grow a sense of personal pride...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk