Is this Collussion? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is this Collussion?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ChyBoy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:13 am

Thanks for all the input guys. I am going to question both of them to see what the thinking was on the trade and then go from there. I agree that it is not bad enough to openly suggest collussion but I wanted to know if my point of view was skewed do to participation in the league.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Paladyr » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:22 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Matthias wrote:alright. based on your reaction, i'm also accusing you of roid-rage.

christ. can't someone have an opinion without some back-alley bozo saying they'd, "knock your teeth out the back of your head"? you have to get back to class. recess is over. now, be quiet while the grown-ups talk.

Maybe you should go back and try reading what I wrote:

If someone accused me of cheating to my face - which is essentially what Rockets is saying when he says Collusion - I would punch that person in the head. You can have whatever opinion you want but if you insult my honor to my face you better be ready to accept the consequences.

Are you going to sit there and tell me you would accept some back-alley bozo accusing you of cheating? You seem to be the one that needs to grow up - or at least grow a sense of personal pride...

Are you a cave man? Grow up lol. IT'S A GAME!!!!

I don't think the trades are bad enough to scream collusion, but it certainly seems like they are both one sided trades.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:20 pm

lmcjaho wrote:I re-iterate that the Team A owner is most likely just stupid and not a cheater - look at the rest of his roster guys, it's not like he has anybody on there that is very good - he probably honestly thinks he is improving his team with the changes he made...

And Rockets - I am not one of the teams involved and I don't take personal umbrage to your comments - I was merely pointing out that people who are quick to throw out the word collusion need to be aware that they are accusing someone of cheating and that there are consequences to be considered in such a case and one had best be aware of those consequences and be willing to accept them if one is willing to throw such an accusation out there...

Don't partonize me. I know that saying collusion is equal to saying that the owners that did these trades are cheating. Looking at the second trade, I dont see how that isnt cheating. 3 backups and a struggling TE for a top wideout and a top D. Usually, when yoiu are a beginner, you tend to stick with the names you know. Why would u want 3 backups? Of course his roster is terrible - hes trading his good players to Team B. In a money league, I find it very suspicious.

If u could copy and paste their explainations if they give one...It would be an interesting read
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is this Collussion?

Postby iloveny18 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:54 pm

ChyBoy wrote:
Team A traded Hines Ward and PHI DEF
Team B traded Marshall Faulk, Kevin Faulk, Frank Gore and Marcus Pollard. I thought this was a very uneven trade but allowed it. Team A was 0-3 and Team B is 1-2.

How in the world does THAT trade get approved? I'm sorry but I have to rip the commish on this one. A top 15 WR and a top 10 defense basically for waiver wire junk. Does the jar of vasaline get included too. That would NEVER get approved in my league. No offense, but that was a sh-tty job by the commish.

But that's over with now. I think that other trade however is okay and isn't that lopsided. I do think that personally, the commish has to make up for his error and tell team B that it IS uneven and he has to give up more.
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk