hey O & B.. or any Denver fan for that matter.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Denver Broncos

hey O & B.. or any Denver fan for that matter..

Moderator: Football Moderators

hey O & B.. or any Denver fan for that matter..

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:06 am

What happened to Denver vs Cincy? The passing game on layaway? I'm not talking smack by any means rather trying to get a grasp on WTF transpired (or didn't for that matter).

I wasn't able to watch any of the game (NFL Ticket was stuck on Pitt all morning)

Seemed like a routine line from Plummer...50% completion, sub-200 yards, more Ints than Touchdowns.

I realize you can't put everything on one game (especially the first)...but you have to be rational and expect some reasoning to come out of this game somewhere right?

So is the writing on the wall for the passing game or is this something else?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CVhawk » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:08 am

Who cares my boy Portis won me my pay league game this week.! ;-D ;-D
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:30 pm

It was clear before the trade they had made a mistake in signing plummer, it was clear in the preseason games and its clear in the play calling now.

Theyre going to be hurting when they face a decent team (Sorry bungles)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:41 pm

as much as we all think Plummer will never be or even for those who think he may still be,,,he still should be better than that piss poor performance,,,I took a chance on him as my back up so lets wait and see but its looking very bleak right now.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Orange and Blue » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:24 am

I've been saying for the past 2 weeks don't put any stock in Plummer's performance until week 6. Just like you shouldn't look at the trouncing the Cowboys got and say that Parcell's is never going to be great there, you can't put too much stock in Plummer's first game in the new system. Preseason doesn't count- if you recall, Gannon and the raiders were the league's worst offense in preseason, and the Bengals were the best team.

Anyway, Shannahan and Gruden are perhaps the best playcalling coaches in the NFL right now. As a result, though, they both have hideously complex offenses. Shannahan's playbook is jokingly referred to as being 3 feet thick. Plummer will take a bit of time to get used to Denver's routes, its plays, and all of its subtleties.

I think the biggest cause for hope is looking at his recievers. By far his leading reciever was Portis, with the only denver WR to catch a single ball being Rod Smith. Sharpe also had a couple grabs. Portis and Sharpe run the most predictable routes and are the easiest dump-offs, which accounts for their grabs. Once Plummer realizes he has 3 WRs to throw to as well and starts to locate those three, the Broncos will start to stretch the field vertically as well as horizontally and he'll start reeling in 300 yard days. He'll still be plagued by a bit of an INT problem, but no worse than possessed by say, Manning, or Culpepper.

Just my take on matters, but look how spot on I was about Denver's huge sleeper Defense. By the way, it should go without saying that, as big of a sleeper its D is, you are NOT going to want to start it against Oakland or Kansas City.

There you go. Take it to the bank.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SinCity » Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:08 am

Six weeks huh. We shall see. I"m not so sure though.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Orange and Blue » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:33 am

Are you starting to believe yet?

All that remains is for him to be flame-tested vs. KC in week 5. It is worth noting, however, that the only team with more points than Denver is KC, and the only teams with fewer points allowed are Indy and TB... and all of this despite the fact that Portis hasn't scored since week 1.

By the way, I underestimated the loss of Porter in my previous post. Let it be said that I did indeed start Denver's defense this week, and I was not disappointed. They'll be benched against KC, but that's it from here on out.

Anyway, it's still early, but I would like to point out that I'm looking 2 for 2 on my Broncos predictions... shall I go ahead and predict a playoff berth while I'm at it? I think I shall. Broncos in the playoffs, take it to the bank.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Denver Broncos