All-time fantasy contingent team... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

All-time fantasy contingent team...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:35 pm

skibrett15 wrote:I am going to say this one last time. Rackers has plenty of leg. The elevation did not help him make those kicks. None were from beyond 50, and he's made 50 and 54 this year. The necessary accuracy from those distances doesn't change with elevation. I suppose you could make the point that he didn't need to kick it as hard, so he could be more accurate, but I'm pretty sure that's not very true either. And Elam does kick at 1 mile high, thats a pretty big deal.

I totally agree skibrett. That whole elevation thing is blown way out of proportion. He kicked 6 in that game right? So when exactly did he kick the other ten? During practice of that game? No, it was during the other games of the season, at all different altitudes. Get a clue, the guy was kicking plenty of FG's, and while he may not do it all year long, you certainly can't fault others for picking the guy up while you slept on him.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:46 pm

Any kicker can kick a lot of FG's. Richie Cunningham had 7 in a game a few years ago for Dallas.

It's all about opportunities. Teams do not normally get 4 FG oportunities a game like Rackers has had. Most teams normally score 2 or so TD's. Two FGA's seems to be the "industry standard" in most games.

The point is that the team they play for has to have a good enough offense to get to around the 25 yard line and then crappy enough to not be able to put it in the end zone some or most of the time. Put almost any kicker in Arizona right now, and they would have that many FG's too.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk