Panic Week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Panic Week

Moderator: Football Moderators

Panic Week

Postby POD1978 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:17 am

What a week for the no-namers. Watching the games this weekend, I've never said the phrase "Who the hell is that guy" more often. Well for smart fantasy owners, this is the time to be watching that WW for panicked owners picking up one-week wonders and dropping actual talent that's been struggling. These one-week wonders may include B.Scaife, Dante Hall, D. Carswell, S. McDonald, D. Looker, Patrick Crayton, Kelly Holcomb, Josh McCown, there were even a few in tonights game that I can't even remember. I've seen talk in the cafe about people dropping or thinking about dropping players such as Vick, Trent Green, Ahman Green, Martin, Clayton, AJ, etc.

Of course all this depends on the size of your league. People in deep leagues probably won't get this luxury, but for those of you in 8-12 team leagues, keep your eyes open. A guy in my league just dropped Trent Green for Josh McCown. I almost fainted. I'm last on waivers right now so I'm sure someone else will get him. Also be looking for a lot of "buy lows" during the week from guys that are 1-3, 0-4. Hope this info is helpful.
POD1978
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Challie » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:35 am

I agree that this is an important week in fantasy football.

Some more casual owners who are 1-3 and 0-4 aren't completely out of it yet & would still trade to improve their teams. Once they get to 1-5, they pretty much put up the white flag and wouldn't consider a trade.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:55 pm

LOL... I'm 0-4 and the title of my weekly roundup e-mail in the league I commish is "FIRE SALE"...

except, I'm the one trying to buy low now... since I already have most of the underperforming players in the league, I might as well trade the only guys scoring points and see who i get.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Return to Football Talk