Game breaking news about FWP!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Game breaking news about FWP!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Game breaking news about FWP!?!

Postby UncleIvan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:30 am

What the hell is this!?!

"Sep 30 Parker has lost about five pounds since the beginning of the season, and the Steelers are likely to reduce his workload, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Recommendation: The coaching staff apparently doesn't believe Parker has the stamina to continue carrying the ball 20 times per game. It's likely that the team will lean on Duce Staley as the starter, with Parker coming in off of the bench as a change of pace back. In this scenario, Parker's fantasy value would fluctuate greatly on a game-to-game basis."
UncleIvan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Warhawk » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:32 am

Yeah... that'd be poor logic.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gnu314 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:45 am

This is like 5 days old.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:15 am

Dont tell me that with all the warnings that this was going to happen that it comes as a shock to you.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fishsauce9 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:17 am

Yeah......breaking 5 day old news!!!!

Also, Nate Burleson is out for week 4!!!
fishsauce9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Heavyg25 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:48 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Dont tell me that with all the warnings that this was going to happen that it comes as a shock to you.

Cornbread, you have got to be the worlds biggest Parker hater. Everyone is going to make fun of you when you are proven wrong, you realize that don't you?
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:55 am

Heavyg25 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Dont tell me that with all the warnings that this was going to happen that it comes as a shock to you.

Cornbread, you have got to be the worlds biggest Parker hater. Everyone is going to make fun of you when you are proven wrong, you realize that don't you?

Huh? You mean that you are surprized that the return of Staley and Bettis would come with hints of less PT for Parker? That's not hating, it's math.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:59 am

Heavyg25 wrote:

yup.
prove me wrong.

The thing is you see me as a hater - but I really could care less about HWP. I just call it like I see it.

Im still waiting for all sorts of people that called me an idiot to prove me wrong on all sorts of topics.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Heavyg25 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:01 am

moochman wrote:
Heavyg25 wrote:

Huh? You mean that you are surprized that the return of Staley and Bettis would come with hints of less PT for Parker? That's not hating, it's math.

Not sure where that came from, never said anything about his playing time wouldn't decrease but if you read any of the other gazilion posts about Parker, you would understand. He seems to think that Parker is worthless, which is definately not the case. I am taking bets on how many weeks it will take staley to get injured again.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Heavyg25 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:03 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Heavyg25 wrote:

yup.
prove me wrong.

The thing is you see me as a hater - but I really could care less about HWP. I just call it like I see it.

Im still waiting for all sorts of people that called me an idiot to prove me wrong on all sorts of topics.

Prove you wrong????? You have to be proven right first, and so far you have not.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk