Game breaking news about FWP!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Game breaking news about FWP!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:04 am

Heavyg25 wrote:Not sure where that came from, never said anything about his playing time wouldn't decrease but if you read any of the other gazilion posts about Parker, you would understand. He seems to think that Parker is worthless, which is definately not the case. I am taking bets on how many weeks it will take staley to get injured again.

No - Im just the voice of reason. Two weeks ago you literally had people believing HWP was a top 10 RB for the rest of the yr - top 5 even. My stance was always simply that his value will never get higher - he was the primary RB against arguably the softest 2 defenses that PIT was going to face all yr.

One of the things you will recognize HeavyG is that I rarely like or dislike players - its their situations that I scrutinize.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:07 am

Heavyg25 wrote:Prove you wrong????? You have to be proven right first, and so far you have not.

OK - my stance is simple - HWP value will never be higher than it was after week 2 - thats always been my stance.

Now ask yourself this basic question - has his value increased, decreased, or stayed the same since after week 2? Be honest.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Heavyg25 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:15 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Heavyg25 wrote:Prove you wrong????? You have to be proven right first, and so far you have not.

OK - my stance is simple - HWP value will never be higher than it was after week 2 - thats always been my stance.

Now ask yourself this basic question - has his value increased, decreased, or stayed the same since after week 2? Be honest.

Actually that is not true, you have been calling him a fraud this whole time. When I have more time I will pull up some previous posts to prove it. I have never thought of him as a top 10 RB YET but he is definately an up and comming back. So far his value hasn't been higher than week 2 but to say it will never be higher is definately a reach. He is going to be the future of that team at running back, mark my words if you would like.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Teh Jury » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:43 am

What are FWP and HWP?
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:46 am

Fast Willie Parker
Hyped Willie Parker
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:47 am

FWP=Fast Willie Parker

I am not to sure what Cornbread has nick named him as HWP
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Fool42 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:47 am

FWP = Fast Willie Parker. Don't know about HWP. Maybe Hack Willie Parker or something?
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:52 am

Fool42 wrote:FWP = Fast Willie Parker. Don't know about HWP. Maybe Hack Willie Parker or something?

Hyperfast Willie Parker
HolyMolyThatsFast Willie Parker
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ampant » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:54 pm

Updated Oct 04, 11:44 AM ET
News: Duce Staley (knee) and Jerome Bettis (calf) have recovered from their nagging injuries, and the Steelers expect to have their services available for Monday night's meeting with the San Diego Chargers. However, according to head coach Bill Cowher, Parker will remain in the starting role for the foreseeable future, even though the two veterans are healthy. In three games this season, he has 327 yards and two touchdowns on 64 carries.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:27 pm

Classic case of "Love him or Hate him". He has been the difference maker in a lot of FF games this year, so everyone is biased based on whether they own him or not.

If you didn't pick him up, you hate him. If you did pick him up, you love him.

That alone is a testament to the impact he has had on fantasy football. By the way, his actual value doesn't go down until he consistently gets less carries and less yards. That all remains to be seen.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner