Game breaking news about FWP!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Game breaking news about FWP!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:35 pm

saundman2000 wrote:By the way, his actual value doesn't go down until he consistently gets less carries and less yards. That all remains to be seen.

His value goes down the instant Bettis and Staley get healthy. Cowher already said that Bettis will get short-yardage stuff.

If Bettis gets short-yardage carries, Parker's value is down.

You really think that Bettis and Staley will get ZERO carries? THAT remains to be seen? Get real. Bettis and Staley will take away carries.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:42 pm

saundman2000 wrote:Classic case of "Love him or Hate him". He has been the difference maker in a lot of FF games this year, so everyone is biased based on whether they own him or not.

If you didn't pick him up, you hate him. If you did pick him up, you love him.

That alone is a testament to the impact he has had on fantasy football. By the way, his actual value doesn't go down until he consistently gets less carries and less yards. That all remains to be seen.

I dont Hate him - nor do I like him. Im just basing my opinion on his situation. A lot of my stance stems from the high hopes placed on him after two weeks. When we had the top 10 RBs thread after the 2nd week and people literally were ranking him in the top 5, I saw a big red warning flag - thats all. I could care less about Parker personally - but my stance is in reaction to the hype that he produced after 2 games, and a lot of his owners simply did not want to hear that opinion. Therefore, I do believe there are those who love Parker and have staked their fantasy season on him by trading away a more established RB or not drafting RBs early at all and are relying on him - but I dont believe there are a lot of people that somehow dont like him.

Also - Value can be subjective based on trade value. But you are right - Actual value - based simply on stats cannot change until more stats are added - but when you subscribe to that, then you also must agree that his value has already fallen after his large first week. His yds per game have basically been cut in half each week after the first week in which he went for over 200.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:52 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
saundman2000 wrote:By the way, his actual value doesn't go down until he consistently gets less carries and less yards. That all remains to be seen.

His value goes down the instant Bettis and Staley get healthy. Cowher already said that Bettis will get short-yardage stuff.

You really think that Bettis and Staley will get ZERO carries? THAT remains to be seen? Get real. Bettis and Staley will take away carries.

In Pittsburg's offense, it doesn't matter that much. Although, like I say it hasn't happened yet. You said it yourself, "IF,..". Just speculation until Staley or Bettis step onto the field.

I didn't say that his value won't go down when Bettis and or Staley play. I accept that they eventually come back and -WP will lose carries, but that HASN'T HAPPENED YET.

Anyway, my point is that you love him or hate him to this point in the season, because he either helped you win or helped your opponent win. People are going to extremes about his value and panicking. No matter what happens, barring his own injury, he will put up some pretty good numbers the rest of the season. even if he has to share some carries.

He has already hit his peak, but at the same time, he is not falling off the mountain at all.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:55 pm

just thought i would let everyone know that Saundman is a FWP owner! ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Heavyg25 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:55 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:

I don't think he was saying they won't get carries but Parker was already losing some carries to Hayes. Wether or not Bettis and Staley take over more carries then Hayes was getting is what remains to be seen. Hayes was getting the short yardage carries as well so really there should be a significant different to what Hayes was already getting. Really if you look at it, he hasn't really carried the ball inside the 10 this year so this really shouldn't significantly effect him value.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:01 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:just thought i would let everyone know that Saundman is a FWP owner! ;-)

You punk!! Quit blowing my cover!!.

Well I guess I both love him and hate him at the same time. I have him in one league and in another he helped my opponent blow me away.

Everyone seems to be somewhat emotional about him and I think it's pretty funny. It's cool to see a guy come from nowhere in fantasy football. This year, there's no doubt that FWP is that man this year. I always see my entry fee as an entertainment expense and I've already gotten my money's worth this year. (But GreatestShowOnEarth, make no mistake, if I win the league I will still be accepting the pot!)
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm

what did you say saundman....? your gonna donate your winnings to me? cus thats what i heard......hehehehehe :-b

All i know is that i took ya down this week! My team isnt looking great but i got bragging rights for this week at least!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:17 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:Hayes was getting the short yardage carries as well so really there should be a significant different to what Hayes was already getting.

You are absolutely nuts if you think that is true.

You are comparing Verron Haynes (it's Haynes by the way...not Hayes) to Duce Staley and Jerome Bettis.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:19 pm

I would argue that FWP's value has been more or less the same this year since he got the starting role. Here's why:

1. Everyone is aware that Bettis is a TD Vulture.
2. Everyone knows that Staley is hurt and that got FWP in the lineup.
3. Everyone has always assumed that once Bettis was healthy he would go back to stealing TD's
4. Everyone has assumed that once healthy Staley might steal carries from FWP.

If you don't own FWp you also know these things so you are less likely to provide value for him as if his current stats will continue.

If you do own him you know that no one is going to give you the value for what his stats are now because of the above.

So if you have FWP you know that time is ticking. The best you can hope for is that Bettis comes back but he is not used the way he was with Staley and that Staley is just used to give FWP a breather.
"There are Lies, Big Lies, and then Statistics"

"Value Based Drafting is your friend!"
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benm3218 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:20 pm

It really makes no sense to argue over his value with Staley and Bettis back. We will know on a Monday night performance that is going to be the biggest game next week.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk