will kerry collins open up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

will kerry collins open up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

will kerry collins open up?

Postby Ben_ffc » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:27 am

wow.

no td. 200 yds passing. and a fumble. gee, kerry, thanks. i thought he had all these targets, and he was looking so poised and all the qbs accross the land were saying, "kerry's the most underrated passer we've seen" and "we sure do love kerry".

not that i have a better option in jake plummer. that's what i get for not drafting a qb until the 8th round...

how do the peeps feel about kerry picking it up?

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby titans_cafe » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:19 am

I have him and I'm not too worried. Of course, if games two and three are no better, then my attitude changes.

Never panic after the first week. Conversely, never buy into a great week one ... Don't be the fool that starts Boldin in week two.
titans_cafe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ben_ffc » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:23 am

i'm not terribly worried about collins, but just surprised at the no-td factor...against dallas, hopefully he's able to whip it out next week.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

collins

Postby BraveBevo » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:47 am

One thing that concerns me is how well Barber ran in yesterday's game. If he keeps that up, NY will have an easy time just leaning on the running game, particularly anytime they're up by 2 scores. And we can't have the Giants defense scoring touchdowns, because all that does is allow the NY to play more conservatively, which they did a little better than I'd like. (I don't have Tiki, otherwise I'd of course be all for that.) I'm looking for Collins to put up far better points against teams that have explosive offenses, or teams that have great run defenses but mediocre pass defenses.
BraveBevo

Friendliness: %

Postby maddog60 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:58 am

Collins should do significantly better in the coming 16 weeks. There were a lot of freakish surprises this week, so don't jump the gun. I mean think of the guys who used a 2nd round pick on Payton Manning, or those who bought into Warner and Faulk being back at full speed (though having a concussion is a pretty good excuse for a lot of those poor plays Warner made). Collins has at least 3 solid targets, and he should be hitting them soon enough.
maddog60

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk