Ahman Green - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahman Green

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:06 am

This guy is a freaking beast. I watched him run for the first time this season against the Panthers and I was impressed. I know alot of people are kicking his arse while he is down but all that, I feel, should be directed towards the line...they suck. I heard some talking about Davenport coming in and taking Greens spot. I was wondering if anyone heard that?
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:07 am

Green brused his knee last night and it is unknown how severe it may be. Could reduce his workload for a bit.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Fool42 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:16 am

As a Packer fan that has watched Green for many years now I will say that that has been the best thing about watching him run. Very powerful and knows how to finish. That is also why he has had the rep of fumbling alot. While trying to fight for those last few yards he allows defenders to sometimes get in there and strip the ball. He will be missed when his time has come which could be shortly if these injuries start to pile up on him.
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tomkatt » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:41 pm

Hmmmmm. I'm seeing something different when I watch Ahman this year. Granted the line leaves something to be desired, but he doesn't seem to be running as hard as in the past. Thought the same thing when watching Davenport, he doesn't seem to be as physically explosive either.

Think it may be time to bring in another coach. Something has to inspire the Pack. So far, other then Brett, I haven't seen too much "want to." They need to pick up their intensity a ton. Maybe the late game rally against the Cats last night will do it.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:57 pm

Ahman has looked great to me. He gets 3 or 4 yards when there is nothing(often) and produces when he gets the ball.

Problem is that the Pack are only running the ball something like 20 times a game because they get down multiple touchdowns. And Najeh gets a couple carries every game, Fisher and Henderson will touch the ball... There really isn't enough action for the RBs in general.

Ahman Green is only on pace to rush for 800 yards this season! His receiving yardage puts him on pace for 1300 combined though, there is still time to redeem himself and become a decent #2 RB. I wouldn't necessarily call him in buy low territory, but I would definitely hang on to the guy if I owned him.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:12 pm

he ususally gets me 13-15 points a week which is pretty good for a flex guy.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:41 pm

what kind of scoring is that, must be pt. per rec. but outside of that I think green should be riding the pine in most 10 team leagues and some 12 teamers. He will pick it up, and he's a great player, so I'd say hold on to him or maybe buy low if you want to gamble. Once they get on the goaline/redzone and they're not so far behind he'll get some looks.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:47 pm

skibrett15 wrote:what kind of scoring is that, must be pt. per rec. but outside of that I think green should be riding the pine in most 10 team leagues and some 12 teamers. He will pick it up, and he's a great player, so I'd say hold on to him or maybe buy low if you want to gamble. Once they get on the goaline/redzone and they're not so far behind he'll get some looks.

Yeah it's ppr, he usually hovers around the 12 point mark each week, he had 8 pts last night before he got hurt.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker