Week Five Sleeper Special... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week Five Sleeper Special...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week Five Sleeper Special...

Postby Warpigs » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:46 pm

There are several players that will have big games in week five due to favorable matchups and other in-team variables. Of course a player like Brandon Lloyd will do well, especially considering that Arnaz Battle is probably not playing against Indy.

However, my true sleeper is Joe Jurevicius. Engram is not playing. Darrell Jackson now has a knee injury that may limit or even keep him out of the game. Talk of Peter Warrick starting has been circulating, but Jurevicius has the size and hands to capitalize against a very porous St. Louis defense. If things sound bad for Jackson heading into this weekend, you probably could do worse than Jurevicius for a bye-fillin or spot start.
Last edited by Warpigs on Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:54 pm

he is one of the guys i was looking at also for pretty much the same reasons. if toomer can put one in the end zone i think joe can as well.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:02 pm

I'm picking Peyton Manning to have a good game against the 49ers.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:11 pm

Good call W I just went out and picked up JJurevicious for my team decimated by week 5 byes.

Good sleeper call - I hope it works out.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby logan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:42 pm

my only concern is that hasllebeck hasn't really been all that stellar against st. louis in the past. havng only a 74.4 passer rating with 5 td's and 3 int's in four games in the last two seasons. he's even worse indoors with only 5 td's and 8 int's with a 71.1 rating. i'm gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best though.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby proKrastinate » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:47 pm

where is the link that Engram isn't playing? He played the entire game after cracking ribs on the first play. Yet he still amased some desirable stats.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby benm3218 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:52 pm

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051004/SPORTS01/510040369/1027

It's all over the radio here, Titan's HAVE to pass more in explosive plays, to open up run game. They will do that this weekend against a bad Houston team.

We all know Bennett isn't typical #1 material. Now would be the time to pick up Jones.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby logan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:52 pm

nothing is concrete at this point but it looks like he has a bettter chance of sitting than starting. the fact that they say p dub is starting if he doesn't play is kinda worriesome though. don't really see why it would not be joe.

from fanball

Oct 4 Seahawks wide receiver Bobby Engram is nursing the two cracked ribs he suffered on the first play of Sunday's loss to the Redskins. Engram stayed in the game for a while, but eventually left in pain. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that if Engram is unable to play in week five against the Rams, Peter Warrick will replace him in the starting lineup.

Views: Warrick has been a flop as a punt returner and only has one reception since joining the Seahawks. Granted, that one reception was a 42-yard play, but it occurred after starting quarterback Matt Hasselbeck left the game because the Seahawks were blowing out the Cardinals.

from kffl

Oct 3 Seattle Seahawks WR Bobby Engram (ribs) is unofficially doubtful for Week 5 against the St. Louis Rams.

from rotowire

Oct 4 Engram's (ribs) status for Sunday won't be known until later in the week, the Seattle Times reports.

Recommendation: Engram injured his ribs on the first play Sunday, but he didn't come out until late in the game. Darrell Jackson (knee) is also injured. The Seahawks need at least one of the two or they figure to be in for a tough day Sunday against St. Louis.

thats all the news i could find .
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:38 pm

Keen eye. I like the pick.

I own DJax, so I'm concerned about that knee. Hopefully he will either be IN or OUT for sure. I hate game time decisions.

I like Jurivicious' chances the best in the scenario that Engram is out, but DJax is still in. I don't think Joe J. can hack it as a #1 receiver. He will need DJax there as a buffer.

Warrick also has some kind of injury as well.

Joe Jurivicious is Seattles only reciever that is not on the injury report!! :-b
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:18 pm

What about Peter Warrick....is he out or something?
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk