Week Five Sleeper Special... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week Five Sleeper Special...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:44 pm

Not that I'm hijacking this into start sit thread My question regarding the viscious one is, would you feel confident starting him over a clear cut starter like say ferguson whom many have picked up after walker went down, or do you just see Joey as a bye week fill in?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby devius » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:10 pm

if engram is out, which looks pretty clear, isnt warrick next in line to start? or is it joe? why would joe be the better pick up over warrick?
QB Carson Palmer*, Jake Plummer
RB Deuce McAllister*, Corey Dillion*, Warrick Dunn, Willie Parker*, Michael Bennett
WR Torry Holt*, Michael Clayton*, Chris Chambers, Eddie Kennison, Charles Rogers*,
TE Tony Gonzalez*
K Ryan Longwell*
DEF MatchUps
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby logan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:02 pm

devius wrote:if engram is out, which looks pretty clear, isnt warrick next in line to start? or is it joe? why would joe be the better pick up over warrick?

joe has been with the team since training camp and has played in all the games so far. p dub has done nothing so far and i think it would be a slap in the face to joe for holmgren to start p dub over him. but then again who knows.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:11 pm

Warrick was inactive last week with a groin strain.

If Engram & D-Jax can't go I see SEA trying to pound Alexander all day so they don't have to get in a shootout with STL.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:48 pm

benm3218 wrote:http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051004/SPORTS01/510040369/1027

It's all over the radio here, Titan's HAVE to pass more in explosive plays, to open up run game. They will do that this weekend against a bad Houston team.

We all know Bennett isn't typical #1 material. Now would be the time to pick up Jones.

whoops.

Joey will be in for the money plays in the redzone, like he has been for most of the other games, but I like his chances in a PPR league. He's not that fast, but he's a vet that can get open over the middle.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby UncleIvan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:30 am

I think it's time for Seattle to re-admit forum favorite Taco Wallace
UncleIvan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:04 am

I know the conversation here-to-fore has been about JureVICIOUS, but I am going to throw out my Xanex-sleeper pick:

Mark Bradley of the Chicago Bears!!

He was easily Orton's favorite target in preseason, and just took the starting gig from Justin Gage. He has the physical skills to make an impact against a weak Cleveland D.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby logan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:09 am

onnestabe wrote:I know the conversation here-to-fore has been about JureVICIOUS, but I am going to throw out my Xanex-sleeper pick:

He was easily Orton's favorite target in preseason, and just took the starting gig from Justin Gage. He has the physical skills to make an impact against a weak Cleveland D.

i'd be alot more up on him if it wasn't orton throwing him the ball.i know they had great chemistry in the pre-season but that means almost nothing. i will say he is better than gage or wade though and could see some nice looks but i think joe has the better chance at a td than bradley. the person this bennefits the most could be thomas jones. if they even pose any thret of passing against cleveland TJ could be in for another big big day.
Last edited by logan on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby onnestabe » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:16 am

logan wrote:
onnestabe wrote:I know the conversation here-to-fore has been about JureVICIOUS, but I am going to throw out my Xanex-sleeper pick:

i'd be alot more up on him if it wasn't orton throwing him the ball.i know they had great chemistry in the pre-season but that means almost nothing. i will say he is better than gage or wade though and could see some nice looks but i think joe has the better chance at a td than bradley.

Oh, Joe is definitely the better play. I was just thinking that if you were in some super-deep league where you started 8 WRs and had 10 bench spots, he would be a good play this week considering all the bye weeks.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk