The Josh Mccown/Kurt Warner situation.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Josh Mccown/Kurt Warner situation....

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Josh Mccown/Kurt Warner situation....

Postby iloveny18 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:03 pm

How long is warner going to be out for? Do you guys see mccown starting when he comes back? What do you guys make of this situation
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:12 pm

It seems like Green would go with McCown, but to be honest I would stay away from the Arizona QB's.

The spike up in numbers for McCown was b/c they were playing San Francisco... I wouldn't get too excited.

There are a lot of more productive fantasy QB's out there.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:29 pm

Anyone notice the exchange between McCown and Warner during the game on Sunday? McCown is trying to describe to Warner how his passes are floating - presumable going to the vet for tips - and Warner just sits there like he isnt even listening to McCown. Maybe its just me, but Warner seems like he knows this is his last chance and he basically has one goal - to be the starter and to hold that job as long as possible. It seems that if he was truly interested in the success of his team he would help McCown out when McCown seeks him out for advice. Again - maybe I read that wrong while watching on SUN night, but to me it seemed like Kurt had no interest in helping McCown and therefore his team.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:59 pm

Cornbread, i noticed that as well when they had there miked for sunday night special. Warner just blew him off. I would really be interested in seeing McCown play a quality defense. I really dont think all of Arizonas offensive woes can be blamed on Kurt Warner.....then again he is Kurt Warner.....
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:18 pm

If McCown hadn't been miked, I think we would have heard what Kurt was thinking.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:21 pm

I watched that segment where McNown was miked up too.

The ESPN crew grabbed the best snippet of his audio of the whole game and that was the most interesting thing he had to say? I think they should have miked one of the kickers instead. Neil Rackers would have been more fun to listen to.

"Duh, ya um Kurt, uh my passes just seem to uh.. float out there. I don't know if you noticed but uh...ya they are sailing on me... duh..."

How do you respond to that? It sounded like a Mike Tice sound byte!! It was not even worthy of a response.

If I had to judge McNown's intelligence based on his eloquence, I would have to believe he is retarded.
Last edited by saundman2000 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tomahawk » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:27 pm

After the Warner scene (which was hilarious) McCown was jabbering off to Denny Green, who was also ignoring him. Looks like the kid likes to talk a lot but doesn't always string his words together coherently so everyone just sorta smiles and nods. I guess it's ok as long as he can throw the ball :)
tomahawk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tomkatt » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:26 pm

I think the part where he tried to pay respect to Warner, and was blown off speaks volumes about Kurt's attitude. McCown said something like, "I'm just trying to think how you would've handled it out there." etc. etc. Warner just said, "You're playing a heckuva game" to him a couple times while looking away. It just struck me as painfully awkward, and you'd think ABC could've found a better sound bite. 8-o
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:39 pm

saundman2000 wrote:I watched that segment where McNown was miked up too.

The ESPN crew grabbed the best snippet of his audio of the whole game and that was the most interesting thing he had to say? I think they should have miked one of the kickers instead. Neil Rackers would have been more fun to listen to.

"Duh, ya um Kurt, uh my passes just seem to uh.. float out there. I don't know if you noticed but uh...ya they are sailing on me... duh..."

How do you respond to that? It sounded like a Mike Tice sound byte!! It was not even worthy of a response.

If I had to judge McNown's intelligence based on his eloquence, I would have to believe he is retarded.

that s*&# was funny as hell....thanks for the laugh. I would like to hear Rackers also.....I know he was saying "GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL"
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk