Silver lining? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Silver lining?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Silver lining?

Postby CVhawk » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:36 am

Is there one or should I take no enjoyment in the Gators beating down Miami for 2 and a half quarters?

Oh well,I think UF showed that they have the talent to compete with any one in the country.Even if the have no "good"QB.

Im calling my shot right now.UF 27-UT 22.I have never witnessed the vols win a september game in the swamp and I dont plan on it happening this year.

In Zook I Trust!
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Orange and Blue » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:15 am

No "good" quarterback? I don't know what game you've been watching, but Leak is freaking amazing. That guy has the work ethic and dedication that has been missing since Spurrier left. Zook is a nice guy, and all the players like him, but he is NOT tough enough, and he does NOT bust enough balls. If you watched the Fla Miami game you saw that nobody had any hustle in the second half. Any good coach would punish them so severely that they wouldn't even CONSIDER blowing such a huge second half lead on foreign soil.

Anyway, I'm digressing, all Leak does is sit in his room and watch film and practice. This guy is freaking incredible, he's one of the best pure passers I've ever seen. He's not going to get any growing pains, the only thing he doesn't have is the experience. If only Ingle hadn't been injured that final drive, we'd have stood a chance. Leak is the way of the future, though, and that loss brings the future this much closer to the present.

by the way, I have season tickets to all Gator home games (as well as an extra Florida-FloridaState ticket, if the price is right... ;))
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Silver lining?

Postby Orange and Blue » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:20 am

CVhawk wrote:In Zook I Trust!

Man, Zook left a LOT of points on the field. I blame him and the playcalling as much as the players for the loss. Going for a 2 point conversion in the first quarter? What madness is THAT? If he hadn't of gone for the 2, then Miami wouldn't have gone for the 2, and it would have been a 3 point game. Also, opting to give the ball away after winning the flip? You don't give the ball away, no matter what, especially against Miami. He just let the 'Canes demoralize his team.

Also, that pass play on 3rd and 1 at the 3 yard line was absolute crap. Say the QB is awesome and has a 60% accuracy rating. Now, when you get in goal-line situations, there's less field to defend, so your accuracy goes down. You now have a 50% chance of hitting your guy, tops. With a running play, you've got about a 75% chance of picking up the yard. Sure, you have to pass it SOME times on 3rd and 1 on the 3, but do it against freaking San Jose State, or Fla A&M. Do NOT try it against Miami. But did he listen to me (I yelled loud enough he should have heard me), nooooooo. Drop back, incomplete, field goal. If he had just run the freaking ball, it'd have been a TD, or 1st and goal from the 2. Grrrr....
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CVhawk » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:35 am

Orange and Blue wrote:No "good" quarterback? I don't know what game you've been watching, but Leak is freaking amazing.

That line was intended for Ousmagic.I was responding tounge in cheek to his comment that UF has no "good" QB.

UF has more problems than at QB.Next to RB it is the deepest position by far.

I was trying to teach him a thing or two about the SEC.

I never try to go to the UF-FSU because I need to have a drink in my hands at all times.The thaught of spending the night in Alachua counties finest facilities also tends to make me shy away from watching the game at the swamp.
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ousmagic » Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:10 pm

i admit leak is very talented but he still very inexperienced and if ur a top 20 team i wudnt want him running ur offense YET. if u want to see a good QB look at craig krenzel who isnt anywhere as talented as chris leak but is much better at running a team and is a lot more experienced then leak, which is why even without maurice clarett ohio state is still the best team in the nation!!
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CVhawk » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:11 am

Ummmmm.......If anyone doesnt think that OU is far and away the best team in the nation they need to learn a little bit about football.OU finally has an offense to go with their defense.When it is all said and done OU will have its second national championship under Bob Stoops.Who BTW says Steve Spurrier taught him more about coaching then anyone he has ever been around.Too bad for OU he will follow Spurriers lead and enter the NFL.

And I would take Leak over Krenzel anyday.The kid is a true freshman and has led his team to 3 straight victories over ranked opponets for the FIRST time in UFs history.I just hope Georgia can rebound and beat Auburn and hope that the SEC ADs will reward UF for playing so well as of late.It sure would be nice to get another shot at Ole Miss in atlanta.
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to College Football