PORTIS WILL GO HUGE THIS SUNDAY... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

PORTIS WILL GO HUGE THIS SUNDAY...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:13 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Huge? I don't think so, 103 yds and 27 rec yds and 0 TDs. It was a decent effort. But for me to qualify that as huge I would have to say Portis would have had the best game by a RB this week, which I don't think happened. I would say KJ had a bigger game than him with his 2 TDs and 58 yds. It's the production that I like.


saundman2000 wrote:You, on the other hand essentially made this counter-prediction and you were way off, but have yet to fess up to it


Do you stand corrected yet? I mean seriously, read the whole thread before you say anything else.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:08 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Huge? I don't think so, 103 yds and 27 rec yds and 0 TDs. It was a decent effort. But for me to qualify that as huge I would have to say Portis would have had the best game by a RB this week, which I don't think happened. I would say KJ had a bigger game than him with his 2 TDs and 58 yds. It's the production that I like.


saundman2000 wrote:You, on the other hand essentially made this counter-prediction and you were way off, but have yet to fess up to it


Do you stand corrected yet? I mean seriously, read the whole thread before you say anything else.



I was addressing your prediction that Portis would be "shut down" based on all your stats. You were dead wrong, so I was poking fun at you.

Did I take a stand? I made no predictions. I just admired Scupa's and spurned yours. I already said "My bad" in reference to calling Scupas prediction correct, so I have no position to reverse.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1883
Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illinois

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:53 pm

I was pointing out that I did say he had a decent game, hence the reason why I was saying if you stand corrected because I did acknowledge the fact that my prediction was wrong. I think we should just agree to disagree saund, this is going no where and I think it's pretty idotic on both of our parts, we both think we're right and leave it as that.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby kevininvegas » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:44 pm

A decent game in football means Td's. I t always amazes me to see people call a 100 yd games by a running game a decent game. If you are happy with no Td's then you will have to be content with 8th place in your 12 team league, becuse that is preciely where you will be at the end of the season with running backs like Portis who has no idea where to find the end zone.
kevininvegas
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Las Vegas

Postby cards05 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:29 am

TD's are not the end all be all of fantasy football. If you are familiar with DIPS in fantasy baseball, you understand that luck can play a role in fantasy sports. An example, Fred Taylor had an amazing game on Sunday night but scored no TD's. The lack of TD's disguises his great performance. You should not write his performance off because he didn't see the endzone, in fact, you should use that as a reason to doop his owner into giving him to you cheap (not that I see Taylor as a great buy low).

That being said, just as DIPS users in baseball have to factor defenses and ballparks, fantasy football players have to factor a team's liklihood to run in the redzone and a team's tendency to get in the redzone in the first place. All I'm saying is, TD's alone should not be used as an indicator of future success without factoring the reasons those TD's were scored (or not scored). A team with an above average offense that has a RB who gets 100 yrds a game and doesn't have a vulture should not be written off because he doesn't have 7 TD's like S. Davis.
cards05
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 53
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:34 am

cards05 wrote:TD's are not the end all be all of fantasy football. If you are familiar with DIPS in fantasy baseball, you understand that luck can play a role in fantasy sports. An example, Fred Taylor had an amazing game on Sunday night but scored no TD's. The lack of TD's disguises his great performance. You should not write his performance off because he didn't see the endzone, in fact, you should use that as a reason to doop his owner into giving him to you cheap (not that I see Taylor as a great buy low).

That being said, just as DIPS users in baseball have to factor defenses and ballparks, fantasy football players have to factor a team's liklihood to run in the redzone and a team's tendency to get in the redzone in the first place. All I'm saying is, TD's alone should not be used as an indicator of future success without factoring the reasons those TD's were scored (or not scored). A team with an above average offense that has a RB who gets 100 yrds a game and doesn't have a vulture should not be written off because he doesn't have 7 TD's like S. Davis.

We are not talking about what this game says about Portis' future success. We are talking about this game in particular. Is your point is that a game like this shows Portis' is a good buy low candidate? If so, doesn't that mean that this game was not huge from a fantasy perspective?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1594
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Panama

Postby cards05 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:08 am

I guess I responded to a statement that was not relevant to the topic. Portis definitely did not go huge. My only implication was that some people over-value TD's (or at least do not evaluate their significance). You should identify those people and trade them S. Davis and K. McCardell. Looking back, I made an off-topic response and I apologize.
cards05
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 53
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:50 am

kevininvegas wrote:A decent game in football means Td's. I t always amazes me to see people call a 100 yd games by a running game a decent game. If you are happy with no Td's then you will have to be content with 8th place in your 12 team league, becuse that is preciely where you will be at the end of the season with running backs like Portis who has no idea where to find the end zone.


If you're referring to me saying Portis had a decent game, READ the thread before you start saying something. In my league Portis had a decent game. 12 points is decent. It's the fact that Portis didn't go HUGE is what we were arguing and I was making a point that he had a decent game. Decent is mediocre and that's exactly what it was.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:53 am

die stupid thread die!
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:57 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:die stupid thread die!


;-D Agreed
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:43 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact